• 3,751,796 Users
  • 2,250,414 Discussions
  • 7,867,594 Comments

Discussions

How to manage oracle

Johnny B
Johnny B Member Posts: 606 Bronze Badge

Hi all,

We have a couple Oracle 12c standard servers and i cannot get into the browser enterprise manager anymore because flash is no available for security reasons in the server.

We need to connect remotely using ip since we cannot install any extra software in the oracle boxes.

We have two containers.

I ask this in another forum and they told me to convert OEM to use JET instead of Flash, just run

@?/rdbms/admin/execemx omx

I did for both containers and it doesn't work.

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• M.Mostafa-Oracle
    M.Mostafa-Oracle Member Posts: 11 Employee
    edited May 26, 2021 5:35PM

Oracle Enterprise Manager Express (EM Express) is a single instance database monitoring tool.

EM Express first shipped with Oracle database 12.1 and has been included in all subsequent database releases.

Adobe has announced that the end-of-life (EOL) for Flash will be December 31, 2020.

Adobe has stated that the Flash player will be blocked from running after the EOL date.

From the Adobe Flash EOL page:

“…Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date.”

After the Adobe Flash EOL, versions of EM Express that use Flash (i.e., versions prior to 19c) will no longer function.

For customers using earlier versions of EM Express, your options are to:

1. Upgrade to database 19c
    2. Use Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
    3. Use the database monitoring capabilities of SQL Developer

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is an another optimal way to monitor and manage your Oracle databases.

Customers using Oracle Enterprise Manager should use version 13.4 or higher with the latest Release Update available to avoid any Adobe Flash issues.

Information about Oracle database version support can be found in this MOS note:

Note 742060.1 Release Schedule of Current Database Releases

Note:

Going forward, EM Express has been deprecated. Below is the link to the EM Express deprecation notice:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/21/upgrd/behavior-changes-deprecated-desupport-oracle-database.html#GUID-DAF48164-16A5-4CE8-A54B-C70CA7E82682

"As EM Express is deprecated, no further enhancements will be made to EM Express and it will be removed in a future Oracle Database release."

If you still need functionality beyond what EM Express offers, some options are:

1) Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control

2) SQL Developer

3) Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Database Management

https://www.oracle.com/manageability/database-management/

• Julian Frey-Edorex
    Julian Frey-Edorex Member Posts: 4 Blue Ribbon

Hi Johny

Have you thought about using ORDS? You can do a lot of "DBA" Tasks with ords:

Best regards

Julian