- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.2K Intelligent Advisor
- 59 Insurance
- 534.1K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.6K Analytics Software
- 38.5K Application Development Software
- 5.3K Cloud Platform
- 109.1K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.8K Infrastructure Software
- 105.1K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
SOA suite upgrade from 12.1.3 to 184.108.40.206
We have our current On premise SOA Suite 12.1.3 environment with BPEL and OSB services in respective clusters on SOA and OSB managed servers. Now we are planning to upgrade to SOA Suite 220.127.116.11(On premises only) and have considered both the approach Oracle mentions : Side-by-Side and In-Place.
Side by Side is considerably easy approach but will use more time both in terms of resources and provisioning of servers etc. and thus we want to take In-place upgrade strategy for our application. Our current SOA suite has Oracle AIA installed but we are not using it. So we plan to not include it in the new version installation.
Now according to Oracle upgrade docs, if you have SOA core Extension(which is used to run AIA) in current setup, you cannot do in-place upgrade the easy way and you have to move/migrate those files manually etc. and will need Oracle's help too: Link and screenshot below:
Thus, I wanted to ask is 🙋♂️:
- If I perform upgrade as in-place and not include AIA/SOA Core extension in 18.104.22.168 installation and upgrade rest all other components via upgrade assistance tool, will the upgrade process run and let me upgrade ? Will this be even the right way to do it ?
- If above approach is far more challenging, then is there a way to remove/uninstall the AIA/Core Extension bundle from current 12.1.3 environment and then we can proceed with normal in-place upgrade.
All suggestions are welcome.