Forum Stats

• 3,757,055 Users
  • 2,251,192 Discussions
  • 7,869,715 Comments

Discussions

ODI : Failed Load Plan Restart

Hi All,

We have requirement to restart the ODI failed load plan automatically. is there any way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Christyxo
    Christyxo Member Posts: 146 Silver Badge
    Accepted Answer

The following link shows how to build a auto-restart package through a web call with a JEE agent. It's a few years old and I never managed to get this working but you may have more luck than me: https://jomavifi.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/load-plan-auto-restartability-through-jee-agent-web-services/

An alternative depends on your load plan. Most people would want a load plan to restart from the point of failure, however if starting a new plan causes you no loss of data you could use the schedule to automatically restart within the Execution Cycle Panel up to a number of times.

If the load plan fails for any reason, it will start a new instance 30 seconds later. This is definitely not a restart though so just make sure that you are comfortable with a new load plan being executed.

Is your requirement simple to restart a load plan, or are you trying to handle an issue inside the load plan? Is it possible that you could get around the stated requirement by wrapping the problem step in a loop until it's successful? I.e. If you have a mapping that fails because the source file isn't available, you could put that mapping into a package, and create a loop on failure. In the event of failure, wait for x amount of time and try again?

Again note that without any control mechanism here this could become an infinite loop of fail + wait, and it could still be running when the next execution started. My approach on this would be to add a variable to refresh the runtime to ensure that it was still valid, or add an incrementing variable to limit the executions:

Answers

• Christyxo
    Christyxo Member Posts: 146 Silver Badge
    Accepted Answer

The following link shows how to build a auto-restart package through a web call with a JEE agent. It's a few years old and I never managed to get this working but you may have more luck than me: https://jomavifi.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/load-plan-auto-restartability-through-jee-agent-web-services/

An alternative depends on your load plan. Most people would want a load plan to restart from the point of failure, however if starting a new plan causes you no loss of data you could use the schedule to automatically restart within the Execution Cycle Panel up to a number of times.

If the load plan fails for any reason, it will start a new instance 30 seconds later. This is definitely not a restart though so just make sure that you are comfortable with a new load plan being executed.

Is your requirement simple to restart a load plan, or are you trying to handle an issue inside the load plan? Is it possible that you could get around the stated requirement by wrapping the problem step in a loop until it's successful? I.e. If you have a mapping that fails because the source file isn't available, you could put that mapping into a package, and create a loop on failure. In the event of failure, wait for x amount of time and try again?

Again note that without any control mechanism here this could become an infinite loop of fail + wait, and it could still be running when the next execution started. My approach on this would be to add a variable to refresh the runtime to ensure that it was still valid, or add an incrementing variable to limit the executions: