• 2,251,192 Discussions
  • 7,869,716 Comments

Discussions

Load Plan Variables do not work

OnatGG
OnatGG Member Posts: 9 Green Ribbon

Hi,

I am using ODI 12.2.1.4

I want to use variables in ODI load plans, however, when I set my alphanumeric variable to refresh mode in load plan (it has a code SELECT 'TEST' FROM DUAL; for refreshing) and run the load plan, the whole load plan does not execute. It doe not displayed in Operator either sessions. All variables work normally inside the packages.

Also, I ve tried to add at the beginning of the rootstep my variable and used a static value, marked with overwrite., but when I execute the load plan it throws NULL error for my variable. The same does not happen if I use number type for variable.

Is this a bug or Im missing something?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Christyxo
    Christyxo Member Posts: 146 Silver Badge
    edited Jul 2, 2021 11:31AM Accepted Answer

A variable that is defined as overwrite and refresh in the root step should work correctly:

In the load plan:

After execution:

Is that colon (;) actually included in your variable? If so, remove it as it shouldn't be there.

If you want it to refresh you have to use overwrite and refresh options.

If you want to overwrite it with a value you have to use overwrite and supply a non-NULL value.

Can you check the other steps in your load plan to ensure that you aren't overwriting in another step as well?

You said the load plan isn't executing? What is the actual generated error in the load plan execution?

Answers

• Christyxo
    Christyxo Member Posts: 146 Silver Badge
    edited Jul 2, 2021 11:31AM Accepted Answer

A variable that is defined as overwrite and refresh in the root step should work correctly:

In the load plan:

After execution:

Is that colon (;) actually included in your variable? If so, remove it as it shouldn't be there.

If you want it to refresh you have to use overwrite and refresh options.

If you want to overwrite it with a value you have to use overwrite and supply a non-NULL value.

Can you check the other steps in your load plan to ensure that you aren't overwriting in another step as well?

You said the load plan isn't executing? What is the actual generated error in the load plan execution?

• OnatGG
    OnatGG Member Posts: 9 Green Ribbon

Hi Christ,

Thanks a lot for the answer,

I realized my error comes from SELECT 'TEST' FROM DUAL;  as I am using ; removing that solved the issue.