EPM

Hyp_Learn
Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 327 Blue Ribbon
edited Aug 12, 2021 6:48PM in EPM System Infrastructure

Best Answer

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge
    Accepted Answer

I believe you have a RAC database in production environment where a SCAN listener is setup and that will take care of reaching out to the available database instances in the cluster. This will handle your DR scenario in case if primary instance is down. Please check with your database team and explain them scenario and ask how they would connect to the database from any client tool like SQL developer, that would give you an answer on what to use in host name.

Answers

• Krishna Chukkaluru

Hi,

I believe it is a clustered Oracle database RAC environment. Ideally you should connect via SCAN or VIP address (I guess that is right database term) that will redirect to available nodes instead of connecting to individual nodes separately. You can discuss with your database team to provide the required details of hostname/port/Servicename to access the RAC database.

Regards,

Krishna

• Hyp_Learn
    Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 327 Blue Ribbon

Hello Krishna,

Thank you for looking into this. Can you advise how to update if i have to 2 SCAN names one for primary and another for DR.

I am not sure how to include 2 SCAN names in the below  rcuschema.properties format.

dbURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostName:port/serviceName

or

dbURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@//hostName:port/serviceName

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Accepted Answer

I believe you have a RAC database in production environment where a SCAN listener is setup and that will take care of reaching out to the available database instances in the cluster. This will handle your DR scenario in case if primary instance is down. Please check with your database team and explain them scenario and ask how they would connect to the database from any client tool like SQL developer, that would give you an answer on what to use in host name.