Forum Stats

• 3,757,057 Users
  • 2,251,192 Discussions
  • 7,869,716 Comments

Discussions

How to fix java.lang.noclassdeffounderror javax/xml/bind/jaxbexception on ODI12c

PRW
PRW Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

List Software

• Oracle DB19c
  • ODI 12c
  • JDK 11.0.11

So I got an error java.lang.noclassdeffounderror javax/xml/bind/jaxbexception when I have run mapping data on ODI12c So How to fixed it Please let me know

Tagged:

Answers

• Christyxo
    Christyxo Member Posts: 146 Silver Badge

What's the circumstances of this error? Is this a new mapping that previously worked and now doesn't? Is it a new mapping in development? is it compiled code? Have you recently patched your environment?

There's a lot of answers online to this error but without knowing more detail it's difficult to guide you to the right solution.

My first assumption would be that you've patched without shutting down your agents first as per the following

• PRW

Christyxo

Scenario like this

1. Create two model It 's Model for Target Database and Model for getting data form CSV
    2. Create Project A
    3. Create Mapping in Project A
    4. Map CSV file with Target database
    5. Check Mapping and The result mapping have a successful
    6. But Last one then I run this mapping I got an error like this

Uncaught unexpected error

java.lang.noclassdeffounderror javax/xml/bind/jaxbexception 

So Im not sure its about JDK version or not

• Christyxo
    edited Jul 21, 2021 2:47PM

Does the error prevent the mapping from executing, or does it occur after execution? If the mapping starts but later fails, can you share a screenshot of the expanded session explorer for this session?

What did you choose for the LKM and the IKM?

Are you using a CKM? - If not, have you disabled activate flow table' on the target options? - Probably a red herring but this step has caused me multiple issues over time.

• PRW

Christyxo

does it occur after execution?

Answer: Yes

can you share a screenshot of the expanded session explorer for this session?

Answer:

What did you choose for the LKM and the IKM?

Answer: I have imported all Knowledge Module for testing

Are you using a CKM? 

Answer: May be not and I am not  disable activate flow table' on the target options

• Christyxo
    edited Jul 22, 2021 8:47AM

Based on your comments, I'm assuming that you are new to ODI?

You've created a file model and an oracle model which means you must have a logical topology configured so I'm going to assume that your physical topology is also configured correctly.

I cannot replicate your problem and I have tried numerous variations of LKM and IKM, making intentional errors and forcing incorrect options. Try this experiment - If we get the same results then it's down to the mapping, otherwise it's something deeper.

Open your mapping, and select your target table. Open properties, expand "Target" and choose "Control Append" as your integration type:

Now click on the "physical" panel of your mapping (see highlight below). Click on your target table and open properties. Expand the "Integration Knowledge Module" and choose "IKM SQL Control Append" as your integration type. In the list of options, find FLOW_CONTROL and set this to False.

Now run your mapping and see if you have the same results.

• Marco Fris
    Marco Fris Member Posts: 123 Bronze Badge

I have seen this error when one of the logical schemas hadn't been mapped to a physical one in the context in use.