• 2,266,628 Discussions
  • 7,911,601 Comments

Discussions

OCI Free Tier instance disabled?

quindubois
quindubois Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon
edited Aug 7, 2021 5:56PM in Oracle Cloud Discussions

Hello,

Until recently I had an OCI Instance running under the free trial using Always Free resources. I see that since the free trial ended it was disabled. My only question is why? It does not make much sense to me to have an instance that had no paid options disabled simply because the free trial period ended.

Answers

• User_G0FB5
    User_G0FB5 Member Posts: 13 Employee

When Your Trial Period Ends

After your trial ends, your account remains active. There is no interruption to the availability of the Always Free Resources you have provisioned. You can terminate and re-provision Always Free resources as needed.

Always Free Resources :- https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/FreeTier/freetier_topic-Always_Free_Resources.htm#resources

Note

Ampere A1 Compute instances are disabled when your trial ends and then deleted (terminated) after 30 days, unless you upgrade to a paid account. To continue using Always Free Arm-based compute instances as an Always Free user, you must delete your existing Ampere A1 Compute instances and create new Ampere A1 Compute instances.

NOTE :- Free Trial

The Free Trial provides you with $300 of cloud credits that are valid for up to 30 days. You may spend these credits on any eligible Oracle Cloud Infrastructure service.

apps-infra