• 3,758,102 Users
  • 2,251,328 Discussions
  • 7,870,030 Comments

Discussions

Rebuild of Hyperion server in distributed environment

Vinn
Vinn Member Posts: 239 Blue Ribbon

Hi All,

I came across a strange scenario i.e. We are facing an OS issue in one of the Hyperion server where Foundation, EAS, APS, R&A Framework, CalcMgr, and Financial reporting is installed. On a separate server, Essbase is installed.

Server1: Foundation, EAS, APS, R&A Framework, CalcMgr, and Financial reporting( All Hyperion components are installed in E drive whereas an OS is installed in C drive)

Server2: Essbase

As we are facing an OS issue in server1, the windows team wants to reinstall the OS. So do I need to unconfigure and uninstall all Hyperion components? If yes, do I need to deregister the Essbase. If I need to deregister Essbase how can I do this.

Request you to please provide some inputs on this.

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Tagged:

Answers

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge

Hi,

If you are reinstalling OS in Server1, in my opinion you don't have to worry about uninstalling and removing the existing Hyperion configuration. I would recommend to take necessary LCM and data backups and when you install back Hyperion in Server1, import the backups.

In Server2, you can uninstall Essbase. Added below an Oracle document for uninstalling. You can install back after Foundation configuration in Server1. If you use the same server name (server1) and reuse the same Foundation database (assuming database still exists) configured before OS reinstallation in server1, I believe Essbase reinstallation in sever2 may not be required as registry is stored in Foundation db (need to test it).

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E57185_01/EPMDO/ch07s02.html

Regards,

Krishna

• Vinn
    Vinn Member Posts: 239 Blue Ribbon

Actually, we are using the same server name (server1) and reusing the same Foundation database.

So no need of uninstalling essbase right.

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge

I never tested it, but looks like it may work. You can test it and in worst case if it does not work, you can uninstall and install back Essbase in server2 instead of uninstalling before hand. Please take necessary backups before you start the activity.

• User_SW1EM
    User_SW1EM Member Posts: 4 Green Ribbon

Hi

reinsatlling windows means that all your windos registery will be gone

first of all export your artifacts realted to reports and calc manager and planning applications

ask Windows team to reinstall OS

re install EPm components

reconfigure them using reuse option that will save your data bythe way

for essbase server you can rename your instance home and create new one

then import data in your essbase application