- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.2K Intelligent Advisor
- 59 Insurance
- 534.1K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.6K Analytics Software
- 38.5K Application Development Software
- 5.3K Cloud Platform
- 109.1K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.8K Infrastructure Software
- 105.1K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
Linux Password Policy
I am not very expert in Linux so please advise me.
I have Oracle Linux 7.6 (Unbreakable) and wanted to configured Password Policy according to my organization therefore I have altered three files 1. Login.defs 2. Pwquality.conf 3. system-auth.
In Login.defs i have changed the value
PASS_MAX_DAYS = 3
PASS_MIN_DAYS = 1
PASS_MIN_LEN = 9
minlen = 9
minclass = 2
minrepeat = 2
added line after Password sufficient remember=3
1. when i tired to created user after applying changes from root i can set the password of 7 character also with out special character so means policy is not working ?
2. When i ran the command chage -l user1 (Created Before Applying changes) it shows default values) however when i ran the same command on user5 which i created after applying changes it shows my applicable values.
Please correct me what i did wrong in this configuration.