Forum Stats

• 3,825,012 Users
  • 2,260,455 Discussions
  • 7,896,382 Comments

Discussions

[OIM 11gPS3] SAP UM - Valid Through update

Hi Gurus,

During the Disable User process the Valid Through date is propagated to the target system with date in the past (SYSDATE – 1).

IHAC that expects that Valid Through date is propagated to the target system with current date.

Is it possible? How do I achieve that?

I appreciate any help.

Carlos

Best Answer

• IAMBD-Oracle
    IAMBD-Oracle Member Posts: 8 Employee
    Answer ✓

I recall an older bug where having multiple tasks for the same UDF in the Lookup did not always work. That bug was fixed for both 11.1.2.3 and 12c:

Can One Use Multiple Entries For Single UDF In Lookup.USR_PROCESS_TRIGGERS? (Doc ID 1260234.1)

You can either patch your OIM to the terminal Bundle Patch:

Patch 33111451

or you could try using the response and trigger the Change Valid Through upon successful completion of Change User Lock.

Good luck!

Answers

• IAMBD-Oracle

Hi Carlos,

I think sysdate - 1 ensures that the user just disabled in OIM side is disabled in the target also. If instead using sysdate, then it "may" depend on how the target system interprets it. Does it mean the user is valid until the very end of the day "today", so the user then is disabled in OIM, but not the target, resulting in an inconsistency.

Q1. On the SAP side, does valid through date being "today" (sysdate) result in the user still having access, even for a few remaining hours, to the SAP system?

Q2. Or does it honor the complete time-stamp and is valid for only part of the day, until the specific time-stamp?

All the Best!

• Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I also think that Valid Through with current date means that user would still have access to the SAP system. But we also have marked the User Lock attribute. So, the user is locked out thru that action and user have no access to the SAP system.

But anyway, the problem changed. We were able to propagated the current date to Valid Through field via Adapter task.

Now, the problem is:

As a solution we created 2 tasks: Change User Lock and Change Valid Through. Both tasks should be triggered by changes in the User Definition attribute: USR_UDF_EMPLOYEESTATUS.

Both Change User Lock and Change Valid Through were added In the Lookup.USR_PROCESS_TRGGERS.

Code/ Decode

USR_UDF_EMPLOYEESTATUS / Change User Lock (Only task to be triggered)

USR_UDF_EMPLOYEESTATUS / Change Valid Through

But only Change User Lock task is being triggered. As a test we exchange the Valid Through adapter to the Change User Lock task and vice-versa. The Valid Through is propagated, but the User Lock is not.

Any clue? How to propagate the both Change User Lock and Change Valid Through tasks?

OIM 11GR2PS3 -- SAP UM 11.1.1.1.7

Thanks in advance.

• IAMBD-Oracle
    Answer ✓

I recall an older bug where having multiple tasks for the same UDF in the Lookup did not always work. That bug was fixed for both 11.1.2.3 and 12c:

Can One Use Multiple Entries For Single UDF In Lookup.USR_PROCESS_TRIGGERS? (Doc ID 1260234.1)

You can either patch your OIM to the terminal Bundle Patch:

Patch 33111451

or you could try using the response and trigger the Change Valid Through upon successful completion of Change User Lock.

Good luck!

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Patch applied. Problem solved.

Best regards.

All the Best!!