- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 62 Insurance
- 536K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.2K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.7K Cloud Platform
- 109.4K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.1K Infrastructure Software
- 105.2K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
Clarification related Oracle Client and sqlplus
I need to connect to a REMOTE Oracle 19c database server from VDI through Oracle Client or SQL*PLUS.
I only have the Database Name "Orcl" and the TNS Connect string "dev1".
- Please advise what are all the pre-requisites that I need to have in my VDI, so I can connect to the remote DB.
- What are the environmental variable I need to set in my VDI ?
- Do I need to have Oracle client installed in my machine ? which version of Oracle client ?
- If I have Oracle 12c client in my machine, will I be able to connect to Oracle 19C DB.