• 3,767,951 Users
  • 2,252,733 Discussions
  • 7,874,389 Comments

Discussions

Knowledgebase for Oracle Linux.

Nik
Nik Member Posts: 2,829 Bronze Crown

Hi.

In case I use Redhat Linux and have support subscription I can use portal: https://access.redhat.com

For example:

In case Oracle support - I have access to portal support.oracle.com.

But I can not find same docs.

As Oracle Linux can use same kernel, I can expect that Oracle Linux have same problem, but can not find it on support.oracle.com and can not read it on access.redaht.com as I do not have RedHat subscription.

Where located knowledge base for Oracle Linux ?

Regards,

Nik.

Tagged:

Answers

• Ehsan Fathi
    Ehsan Fathi Member Posts: 15 Green Ribbon

Hello My friend.

You can find Oracle linux Document and learn basic knowledge via below link:

• Nik
    Nik Member Posts: 2,829 Bronze Crown

Hi.

Docs.oracle.com is really good portal, but my questions about troubleshooting some problems...

For example, You have some problems with Multipathing. I ask google: "multipath linux hangs"

First two answers- links to private parts of RedHat portal.

I expect that this solutions can be applied to OL to, but can not read without RedHat support.

Even I have support for Oracle Linux - I can not find same docs.

Of course, I can open SR for my problem, but it's lost huge time.

Regards,

Nik

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,519 Gold Crown

Despite the fact that OL is derived from RH, I would not expect a one-to-one mapping of their documentation. If you get stuck with a specific problem, why not just ask about it here? We appreciate you attempt at due-diligence and self-help (really, we do!) but at the end of the day, the entire reason this space exists is to help people with specific problems.