• 3,836,836 Users
  • 2,262,198 Discussions
  • 7,900,127 Comments

Discussions

EPM 11.2.6 HFM Performance Bug

Answers

• User_RUHNJ
    User_RUHNJ Member Posts: 54 Blue Ribbon

I too have a SR , I have provided DB backups from 11.1.2.4 and 11.2.6 system as per Support Engineer's request. His plan is to replicate both the versions in his test environment and troubleshoot further.

• Vijal.Chokshi
    Vijal.Chokshi Member Posts: 25 Green Ribbon

HFM development asked me to run a Consolidation test with some Microsoft tracing enabled. Please control this test and ensure no other user activity is happening during profile session.

========================

- From any user's machine, Log into Workspace, open HFM application, open Data grid and set POV for test Consolidation***

Please follow the steps below on the HFM application server:

- On HFM Application server, open a Command Prompt with Administrator privileges

- In the command prompt, type: "Wpr.exe -start GeneralProfile -start CPU"

- Run the consolidation

- In the command prompt, type: "Wpr.exe -stop <Drive>:\file.etl"

===========================

- Zip and Attach file.etl to Service Request. Assuming the ETL file is several GB in size, please use 7-ZIP to limit ZIP volume parts to 1 Gb.

Now MS is reviewing the binaries we collected from Server.

• Thanos A
    Thanos A Consolidation System Manager Member Posts: 1,443 Silver Trophy

Yes, we provided the same..

• Benedikt L.
    Benedikt L. Member Posts: 5 Green Ribbon

Luckily it seems that we are not the only ones facing this issue.....

We have the same ones that you mentioned and provided also the trace report example as Oracle told us. We have performance issues (6 to 8-times slower) since the first installation of 11.2.x and opened the SR in January 2020 without any results. We've postponed the migration from 11.1.2.4 which had been scheduled to August 2021 to somewhen in 2022. But as the result are this negative, we're running into a severe security issue with our IT because of unsupported Java and Weblogic versions.

Had a call few minutes ago, Microsoft libraries have been made responsible for this. But no work around. How many other companies outside face this issue? Hope that there will be a patch released soon!

• Vijal.Chokshi

Oracle mentioned 7+ companies names in the case with Microsoft, we also tried to open case with Microsoft with severity A but MS called it duplicate ticket as Oracle already opened the same 60 days ago.

Currently joint effort between Oracle and Microsoft reviewing Locale settings and making very slow progress, it has been more than 3 months still they're not able to find the cause. We made multiple esclation but

• Vijal.Chokshi

May I know which company you belong to? So far we know GM, GE, Thermo Fisher & Honeywell are facing issue.

• Vijal.Chokshi

Oracle mentioned 7+ companies names in the case with Microsoft, we also tried to open case with Microsoft with severity A but MS called it duplicate ticket as Oracle already opened the same 60 days ago.

Currently joint effort between Oracle and Microsoft reviewing Locale settings and making very slow progress, it has been more than 3 months still they're not able to find the cause. We made multiple escalation but it doesn't looks like a priority for them.

Thanks

• Thanos A
    Thanos A Consolidation System Manager Member Posts: 1,443 Silver Trophy
  • Benedikt L.
    Benedikt L. Member Posts: 5 Green Ribbon

so we have also no update on this issue, i will mention the other companies in the escalation meeting next week. we are quite unhappy with this situation.

• Megan Michnick
    Megan Michnick Member Posts: 10 Blue Ribbon
    edited Feb 14, 2022 9:58PM

I am also asking is there any update on resolving this performance issue with HFM consolidations? You can add Mondelez to the list of companies having this issue. We are upgrading to 11.2.6 and we have severe degradation of performance in our consolidations in HFM. Targeted go live is May. I have ran a series of tests comparing 11.1.2.4 with 11.2.6 and the degradation is more significant when running multiple consolidations at once. This will be a show stopper for us as we run multiple consolidations at a time(multiple regions) during out close process. Oracle our app in a lab and continue to test but they are seeing the same issue. We use OCI so it is Oracle servers but the Oracle project team states all settings are appropriate for our applications. If the issue is because of microsoft - how long will it take to resolve? Seems issue has been around for quite some time. If anyone has found a work around to speed up consolidations, please help!