- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 62 Insurance
- 536.1K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.2K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.7K Cloud Platform
- 109.4K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.1K Infrastructure Software
- 105.2K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
Rule managers and expression filters not supported in 19c - Help needed
I have posted this discussion under Oracle EBS applications category a week back. But i am not getting any response. Hence, i am posting my question here. Kindly help.
We are using Oracle EBS R12 12.2.4 and Database is 12C. There is a talk to upgrade database to 19c. We are in a risk of encountering a serious issue. Because Oracle note Doc ID 1244535.1. says rule managers and expression filters are no more supported from 12C. Our client has a custom module built on top of Rule managers and expression filters and its very key module for their Business process. We are in the risk of losing that module if Rules managers and expression filters are not supported as part of upgrading our database to 19c. As per the note Doc ID 1244535.1 Oracle is suggesting to migrate to Oracle Business rules which is an Integral part of Oracle fusion middleware. I wanted answers for the below two questions here,
1) As per the Oracle note Doc ID 1244535.1. in metalink, rule managers and expression filters are not supported from 12c. But we have Database 12c and its working. Need to know how its possible. In that case i wanted to know upgrading the 12c DB to 19c will also support rule managers and expression filters
2) As mentioned in the Point#1, if we are in the risk of losing rule managers and expression filters due to 19c upgrade, Oracle is suggesting to migrate our current rules to Oracle Business rules which is an Integral part of Oracle fusion middleware. I don't have any much exposure in this migration process. I wanted someone to help me understand how this migration is possible. What are the tools and components from both client and server side required for this migration process? To some extent, i got an info that SOA suite and Jdeveloper might be required to create new Business rules. But, how this new business rules can be Integrated with our current R12 e-biz application 12.2.4?
I wanted to know in case if we find a way to migrate to Oracle Business rules, will that exist as a standalone application by utilizing the database alone of E-Biz application or this can be deployed to E-biz application like we do for Oracle custom forms, reports, PL/SQL and XML Publisher reports.
Any documents or useful link related to this topic is very much appreciated.