Forum Stats

• 3,770,101 Users
  • 2,253,066 Discussions
  • 7,875,314 Comments

Discussions

local repository server and ksplice channel

GravyKing
GravyKing Member Posts: 237 Bronze Badge

This is a follow up to an earlier question I had related to space consumed by the various channels subscribed to when setting up a local repository server.

I had a response earlier to say it was enormous which is true ;o). What I have found is it looks like per # yum repoinfo ol7_x86_64_ksplice the Repo-size is currently 1.2T.

So before I go asking for that space from my storage admin is if I am looking to setup a local repository server where my servers will get their updates from (including ksplice), then what I am doing is typical and will need to provide that space. Correct? I mean I'm not going about it all wrong am I. My other servers will get updates from the local repo server?

The plan is to use EMCC and setup Linux Patching versus OL Manager but the setup would be the same regardless right?

Answers

• User_5M0EJ
    User_5M0EJ Member Posts: 13 Green Ribbon

Hi ,

Please clean all old repo files and run yum clean all it will clear cache.

Regards,

Saya

• GravyKing

Thanks for the reply Saya, just getting started here. I am somewhat familiar with yum clean all as we have used it in the past but in my case there is nothing in the ksplice directory now I just subscribed so I could try and determine what the size might be andthen unsubscribed again. Are you saying it typically shouldn't be that large?

For reference this is what I see now - just working with OL7 at the moment.

# du -hs /var/www/html/yum/OracleLinux/OL7/*

2.6G  /var/www/html/yum/OracleLinux/OL7/addons

32G   /var/www/html/yum/OracleLinux/OL7/latest

5.1G  /var/www/html/yum/OracleLinux/OL7/UEKR6

• User_5M0EJ
    User_5M0EJ Member Posts: 13 Green Ribbon

Hi

The below path consuming more ,

cd /var/www/html/yum/OracleLinux/OL7

apart from latest any old directory there ?

32G   /var/www/html/yum/OracleLinux/OL7/latest

Regards,

Satya

• GravyKing

I get the feeling the Oracle Linux community is going to be more focusing on using OLM which would be a natural progression from other distro's if they used Spacewalk versus using OEM so perhaps I'll look to that channel for support.