• 3,824,779 Users
  • 2,260,417 Discussions
  • 7,896,310 Comments

Discussions

callback procedures are not firing paralel

alkrush
alkrush Member Posts: 25 Blue Ribbon

Hi,

I have two different queues with 2 different QUEUE_TABLES. On each queue is registered a callback function with DBMS_AQADM.ADD_SUBSCRIBER. After I'm calling dbms_aq.enqueue for the corresponding queue both callbacks are firing as expected.

Following problem: The callback for the first queue is a long running procedure (about 4 hrs). During this 4 hrs the callback for the second queue is not firing-> I see only the enqueue call in the second queue, but not dequeue. Immediately after the first callback is finished I see the dequeue call for the second queue.

Can someone provide an example for parallel firing callbacks?

Many thanks in advance and regards

Alexander

Best Answer

• Jason_(A_Non)
    Jason_(A_Non) Member Posts: 2,094 Silver Trophy
    Answer ✓

Long ago, 10g days, I documented in my notes that JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES had an impact on the number of sessions that would run in parallel. I think we were trying to have 25 or so run in parallel while the value of JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES was set to 50. After we upped the limit, then the 25 or so would run in parallel.

Whether this is helpful to you or not is unknown as we don't know your version of Oracle or what else is going on in the system at the time of your testing.

Answers

• Jason_(A_Non)
    Jason_(A_Non) Member Posts: 2,094 Silver Trophy
    Answer ✓

Long ago, 10g days, I documented in my notes that JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES had an impact on the number of sessions that would run in parallel. I think we were trying to have 25 or so run in parallel while the value of JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES was set to 50. After we upped the limit, then the 25 or so would run in parallel.

Whether this is helpful to you or not is unknown as we don't know your version of Oracle or what else is going on in the system at the time of your testing.