Forum Stats

• 3,874,298 Users
  • 2,266,718 Discussions
  • 7,911,809 Comments

Discussions

PBCS - BSO to ASO

Vinay S
Vinay S Member Posts: 4 Green Ribbon

In PBCS, Is it possible to move data between BSO to ASO and ASO to BSO using Data Management?

Thanks

Best Answers

• Stu G-Oracle
    Stu G-Oracle Member Posts: 96 Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Vinay

You will need to add View into your target application for the ASO cube (remember that any ASO cubes have a different application to the main planning app and the BSO cubes), example below but you will need to assign a relevant UD table to it for yours

Then you will need to add it to your import format, you can hard code the value in the import format or use a LIKE mapping to map everything to the value you want, either should work.

Regards

Stu

• Stu G-Oracle
    edited Jan 25, 2022 6:51PM Answer ✓

Thats ok.

Make sure that you have the correct Target Dimension Class and Data Table Column Name setup in your target application, those are key. Note from my screenshot how I have set up Account and Entity, then how I have set up Period, Scenario and Years. All other dimensions are Generic and you assign a UD table for each.

If you are still not sure you should be able to get to the file that it is exporting and you might be able to tell then what is missing / wrong.

Regards

Stu

Answers

• Vinay S

Thank you Stu. I started my integration setup. Since I am using "View" dimension in ASO, I assume, I need to add "View" as a dimension in the import map. Since View dimension is not in BSO and present in ASO, I did map Scenario dimension to View by populating "Periodic" in the expression. I got the data into Workbench without any issues. However, the export fails with the following message.

[Tue Jan 25 02:01:02 UTC 2022]The member does not exist for the specified cube or you do not have access to it.

But it does not tell me which member does not exist. Have you seen this message below? Just wondering if I need to map Years dimension also (I had taken it out from the Target)? I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.

• Stu G-Oracle
    Answer ✓

Hi Vinay

You will need to add View into your target application for the ASO cube (remember that any ASO cubes have a different application to the main planning app and the BSO cubes), example below but you will need to assign a relevant UD table to it for yours

Then you will need to add it to your import format, you can hard code the value in the import format or use a LIKE mapping to map everything to the value you want, either should work.

Regards

Stu

• Vinay S

Thank you Stu for your quick response. I have left "View" dimension in the Target Application Summary with UD11 and left the Years out (Removed the UD1 value that was pre-populated).

This is how my Import Format looks (Please suggest if this is not right).

This is how the import looks

But the export fails with the following message

I apologize for this lengthy message and really appreciate your guidance as I know I am bit close to the final solution and missing a piece here (Apparently, which is a big piece). Thank you

• Stu G-Oracle
    edited Jan 25, 2022 6:51PM Answer ✓

Thats ok.

Make sure that you have the correct Target Dimension Class and Data Table Column Name setup in your target application, those are key. Note from my screenshot how I have set up Account and Entity, then how I have set up Period, Scenario and Years. All other dimensions are Generic and you assign a UD table for each.

If you are still not sure you should be able to get to the file that it is exporting and you might be able to tell then what is missing / wrong.

Regards

Stu

• Vinay S

You are amazing Stu! Thank you so much for guiding me in the right direction. I really appreciate it.

Thanks - Vinay

Stu G-Oracle