• 2,260,713 Discussions
  • 7,897,099 Comments

Discussions

Unable to update user preferences for User role in EPBCS financial module

User_RLCYN
User_RLCYN Member Posts: 7 Green Ribbon
edited Feb 17, 2022 10:48AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi all,

we are facing an issue with assigning user preference -> User variable for our client users.

We tried for one user, for which we had a workaround of making it admin, changing user preference->User variable, and then lowering users access back to the USer role.

Since we have a large no. of users we cant do this for all.

Kindly suggest if anyone has a solution for the issue.

Tagged:

Answers

• Stu G-Oracle
    Stu G-Oracle Member Posts: 54 Employee

Hi,

What is the issue? Can the user not set the user variable values in their User Preference screen?

This should definitely work, I have lots of clients doing this every day....

Regards

Stu

• User_RLCYN
    User_RLCYN Member Posts: 7 Green Ribbon

Hi Stu G, once again thanks for Your response.

I think I got where the issue is coming from, admin has set a variable which is not within the range of user access permission.

For example: Admin had set up a variable for Entity as- "Africa"

User doesn't have access to "Africa", users had access 2 levels below this member(i.e. Africa) which is out of its range. Due to which was throwing this error:

Unable to load the following resource: One or more user variables were invalid. Please try again.

Issue has been fixed.

• Stu G-Oracle
    Stu G-Oracle Member Posts: 54 Employee

Yes come across that a few times before, also be careful that when an admin users goes to change their own user preferences that they do it via the User Preferences screen and not accidentally by going into Tools - Variables - User Variables and updating it there as that is the limiter for what all users can select (had this a number of times before!!).

Regards

Stu

User_RLCYN