Forum Stats

• 3,826,800 Users
  • 2,260,708 Discussions
  • 7,897,074 Comments

Discussions

Unable to show the complete explanation (including the sub goals and n-th level attributes) in PDF

I have been trying to add an explanation node to a PDF report template. Its getting added successfully and I can see the data in the form that is generated. However, I am only able to see that attributes which are just 1 step below the explanation goal. Sub goals/attributes are not shown.

The same behavior is observed in one of the sample projects (HealthyEating). Attaching a word doc with few screenshots of the issue.

Thanks in advance if anyone can assist.

Tagged:

Answers

• Richard Napier
    Richard Napier Member Posts: 424 Bronze Trophy
    edited Feb 24, 2022 11:01AM

Hi

I have come across this before and not found a solution. I advised the customer to do it in RTF, and I referred them to the documentation (link here to BI Publisher Documentation) as my justification (extract shown here, with my bolding)

"The PDF template does not support:

• The field properties mentioned in Supported Field Properties Options for repeating fields.
    • Nested repeating fields.
    • Section-wise repeat. The document-repeat-elementname field is used for repeating the entire template.
    • Pixel control.
    • Data alignment in fields.
    • Large documents. You might experience performance issues when a document is larger than 250 MB.

To avoid these limitations, use an RTF template instead of a PDF template."

I realize that this may not be what you want to hear. I'm no BI Publisher wizard so if someone else has another opinion, of course I'd be happy to hear about the options.

Have a good day

R

User_SN83S
  • Fiona Guy-Oracle
    Fiona Guy-Oracle Member, Moderator Posts: 132 Employee

Yes, just to note though that you can output to PDF, even if your template is RTF.

User_SN83S Was there a reason you particularly wanted to use PDF->PDF?