- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 65 Insurance
- 536.7K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.4K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.8K Cloud Platform
- 109.5K Database Software
- 17.6K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.2K Infrastructure Software
- 105.3K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
First time use of WAF -basic understanding
I want to start using WAF
as I understand it should be "sit" before the computer\network
can I config it to work as a normal firewall?
allow ports from known address? or it only allow me to control http\https data?
for my learning I want to create a simple scenario:
- do I need to give the Windows_Server external IP? or a private IP is what I need ?
- after I open in the netwrok security_list the wanted ports for the windows_server (3389, 8080, 8634, 9876) and saw they are working , do I need to setup something else in the WAF?
- is the WAF connected to a VCN or to a server ? if I want to add a DB in the the same VCN- do I need to make some changes ? I don't want to have access to it from the internet - only local , from the windows server