• 3,874,121 Users
  • 2,266,687 Discussions
  • 7,911,730 Comments

Discussions

My tenancy is inactive but my account is still active

Answers

• david.mmoreno
    david.mmoreno Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

Oracle Support, this seem to be a big deal now, but the worse thing here is that nobody is getting an answer on what the real issue is.

I assume the consequences if I violated some terms or something, but at least tell me/us what was wrong, in that case we can prevent that in the future. Not just a simple "we are unable to help further with this issue"

• User_ZGXI6
    User_ZGXI6 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

I've been having the same problem since 05/03/2022, there are numerous complaints about the same problem.

I contacted Support, which was very helpful and they said that in 48 hours they would help me with a response.

Update:Yesterday 06/05/2022, they simply refused to reactivate my account, claiming that I did not follow the "Terms of Use".(Migrate to a paid account and pay as many as they found more interesting), because I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong, even because the server didn't even host files or send email, that is, I used the server for testing and only with the programs from oracle and open source.Anyway, look at the number of equal complaints and stop to check if it's not the same case.Someone contacts you to switch to paid, you say no and they cancel you, simple as that

• User_ZGXI6
    User_ZGXI6 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon
    edited May 7, 2022 5:16PM

The same thing happened to me, I contacted support and they just won't reactivate the account.They say you didn't violate the terms of use. (Is that really what everyone here is complaining about, or is it a ploy when the user doesn't want to pay their representative for a service.)Everyone here has the same complaint and certainty that they followed the terms, even because the environment can't even send email and I at least only used the programs provided in the instance itself and opensource and didn't host any file.In other words, just another excuse from them, because they don't even "know why".

david.mmoreno
  • User_RAG1Y
    User_RAG1Y Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Me too. I've contacted Oracle Cloud Korea for this issue, and for some reason they also have ghosted me.

Insane. I don't know what to do now. I even cannot make cloud VMs now.

Should I remove and move to another cloud provider for this issue?

What do you guys think?

• winterwulf
    winterwulf Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Happened to me in Brazil too, but the local team were able to solve it within a couple of weeks.

• User_G2F3I
    User_G2F3I Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

HGOW CAN I DELETE MY PERSONAL DATAS FROM THIS SCAM SERVICE?

• david.mmoreno
    david.mmoreno Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

@User_D0EFR So, you mentioned your local team were able to solve the problem? What did they do? Do you happen to know?

• User_CN1YR
    User_CN1YR Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

I've been having the same problem since 11/6/2022. Oracle Support so bad, they don't reply to my chats or emails. I think since it's a free trial and tier package, they did it on purpose? I will choose another supplier, and so will my family. Too disappointed.

• User_CN1YR
    User_CN1YR Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon
    Has anyone received support and resolution from Oracle? If this situation continues, I don't think Oracle can compete with other service providers. so disappointing

• User_W3RWF
    User_W3RWF Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

The same is the case with me. i cannot even delete the account. This is really annoying.