- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 63 Insurance
- 535.7K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.1K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.6K Cloud Platform
- 109.3K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71K Infrastructure Software
- 105.2K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
Using Name.com Domain with Dyn.com - is it possible?
I have a domain I've owned for a long time, that I would like to use with Dyn.com's dynamic IP service and self-host off a home server. Looking online at Dyn's support, they note that they are partnering with Name.com.
I moved my domain to Name.com to begin this process. Low and behold, Name.com's documentation notes that they do not support Dynamic DNS. I reached out to their support, and they advised me to reach out to Dyn.com support to help configure my Nameservers for my domain.
So my questions come down to this:
1) Can I use my personal domain (gjschaller.com) with Dyn's service in any way?
2) If so, what settings do I need to configure on both my Dyn account and my Name.com account to make this happen?