• 3,853,849 Users
  • 2,264,287 Discussions
  • 7,905,480 Comments

Discussions

Integrated Replicate vs Parallel Integrated Replicate

user10126973
user10126973 Member Posts: 187 Blue Ribbon

Hi All,

I have oracle database 19c and OGG version 19c, I am trying to implement Parallel Integrated Replicate. As per Oracle documentation Parallel Integrated Replicate is up to 5 faster than Integrated Replicate

My question is how to determine whether Parallel Integrated Replicate is faster, is there any way we can check?

Please share your thoughts?

Regards,

DR

Best Answer

• Veera-Oracle
    Veera-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager - Oracle GoldenGate Member Posts: 823 Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi,

My question is how to determine whether Parallel Integrated Replicate is faster, is there any way we can check?

--- You need to perform performance benchmarks (load tests) with standard load for both Integrated Replicat and Parallel Replicat (Integrated or Non-Integrated) to know about the performance of the each replicat process types.

But, definitely, you will see a performance difference between each replicat process types. Integrated Replicat also performs good. Integrated Replicat process works good for huge number of small transactions but lacks in performing when we have huge number of large transactions (long running transactions). But, parallel replicat is not like that. It splits the big transaction in to multiple chunks and applies in parallel.

I would suggest you to perform the load tests for both Integrated and Parallel replicat processes to know the performance. Also, you need to consider on the environment setup. Both environments for Integrated and Parallel should be same in configurations.

Regards,

Veera

Answers

• Mackbell-Oracle
    Mackbell-Oracle Member Posts: 271 Employee

Can you provide the link where it says it's 5x faster?

• Veera-Oracle
    Veera-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager - Oracle GoldenGate Member Posts: 823 Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi,

--- You need to perform performance benchmarks (load tests) with standard load for both Integrated Replicat and Parallel Replicat (Integrated or Non-Integrated) to know about the performance of the each replicat process types.

But, definitely, you will see a performance difference between each replicat process types. Integrated Replicat also performs good. Integrated Replicat process works good for huge number of small transactions but lacks in performing when we have huge number of large transactions (long running transactions). But, parallel replicat is not like that. It splits the big transaction in to multiple chunks and applies in parallel.

I would suggest you to perform the load tests for both Integrated and Parallel replicat processes to know the performance. Also, you need to consider on the environment setup. Both environments for Integrated and Parallel should be same in configurations.

Regards,

Veera

• K.Gan
    K.Gan Member Posts: 2,815 Bronze Crown

Performance aside I have reservations using parallel replicat (19c). It is very unstable for version 19.1.0.0.4. It almost never run more than 24 hours frequently failing with

ERROR  OGG-01218 Error in HandleIPCError: 0 ().

And prints out tons of weird errors like this, so something isn't right.

-dict-(33) : lexer error 1 :    Unexpected character at offset 1, (end of input).

And my greatest gripe, send rep status shows how many appliers are running, really who cares. I want where it is at, how many transactions, etc like integrated or classic replicat. Big backward step.