• 3,872,051 Users
  • 2,266,372 Discussions
  • 7,911,041 Comments

Discussions

Ubuntu instance not reachable after installing updates

User_0Z8O7
User_0Z8O7 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hello,

Yesterday I installed updates on my server and after rebooting I could not log in anymore. After restarting it, I could ping it shortly and after some seconds the ping does not reply anymore.

Could it be that there is some malfunction within the Linux kernel (I received message to reboot as new kernel was installed).

Below more information about my server:

Tagged:

Answers

• pingdev1
    pingdev1 Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon
    edited Jun 11, 2022 5:15AM

I'm having the same problem. When it will be fixed. I haven't installed any update, I just got system reboot required (oracle probably updated ubuntu kernel), so I rebooted and I can't connect to the instance (serial console is not working too).

https://community.oracle.com/tech/apps-infra/discussion/4499593/cant-connect-to-my-oracle-cloud-instance-kernel-panic#latest

• User_0Z8O7
    User_0Z8O7 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Thanks for your reply. As a test I restored a volume backup of march, created new vm instance with this and installed all updates. After reboot I hadd thevsame issue. As I understand from your message only a reboot can trigger the problem.

I have now restored my vm with the backup and won't reboot it as long as this issue persists.