• 3,852,459 Users
  • 2,264,105 Discussions
  • 7,905,069 Comments

Discussions

ReportCDR

user10126973
user10126973 Member Posts: 187 Blue Ribbon

Hi All,

I have implemented AUTO-CDR on oracle 19c ,OGG 19c , when I check stats replicate reportcdr

CDR resolutions failed 1, what exactly is the meaning of CDR resolutions failed indicated?

Please share your reportcdr details?

Regards,

DR

Answers

• AlexLima-Oracle
    AlexLima-Oracle Director of Product Management - GoldenGate Posts: 28 Employee

Hi,

Is there anything in the report file that can help you?

Does the table have an additional Unique Key different from the PK?

check DBA_APPLY_ERROR_MESSAGES for any additional information.

• user10126973

Hi

thanks for the info, but I am not seeing DBA_APPLY_ERROR_MESSAGES -- no rows selected.

I have to check table has any unique other than PK(this table has PK)

Regards,

DR

• ORASCN
    ORASCN Member Posts: 1,874 Bronze Crown

Hello,

CDR resolutions failed 1, what exactly is the meaning of CDR resolutions failed indicated?

CDR resolutions failed 1 ---> Number of resolutions replicat could not resolve.

Did you encounter any abend in Replicat process? Apart from AUTO CDR, are you using any REPERROR parameters in the replicat process parameter file?

Regards,

Veera

• user10126973

Hi Veera,

My replicate has a bunch of tables, some of them belong to AUTO CDR some of them not

example:-

replicat rep1

Map table1, target table1;

Reperror(-1403, discard)

Map table2, target table2;

reperror reset

map table3, target table3 , mapinvisiblecolumns;

I am getting CDR resolutions failed 1 for table3 which doesn't have reperror.

Please let me know if you need more info

Regards,

DR

• AlexLima-Oracle

Try to remove the reperror and test it.

• Veera-Oracle
    Veera-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager - Oracle GoldenGate Member Posts: 823 Employee

Hi,

replicat rep1

Reperror(-1403, discard)

reperror reset

--For the below table REPERROR does not work , as you had reset it.

map table3, target table3 , mapinvisiblecolumns;

So, if CDR fails to resolve the issue, your replicat should have abended. Did it abend? or Did you check the Exception table / Discard File to see if the record entry is there in it?

Regards,

Veera

• user10126973

Hi Veera,

No abends , There is no discard , and i am not seeing any discards on this table when I check the stats.

for me kind of puzzle.

Regards,

DR

• AlexLima-Oracle

Don't use reperror on ACDR

Alima

• Veera-Oracle
    Veera-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager - Oracle GoldenGate Member Posts: 823 Employee

Alex is right. Not only in Auto CDR, it is better to not to use REPERROR in Manual CDR as well.

In a Bi-Directional replication configured with CDR, CDR overrides the REPERROR parameters used in the replicat process parameter file. But, in your case, it is weird. For table3, CDR fails, but replicat not abended and this shouldn't be because of the REPERROR used as you had reset it before the MAP statement of the table3.

My suggestion would be, either remove the REPERROR as Alex mentioned or create a separate replicat process for the tables enabled with Auto CDR. Don't mix everything to one replicat process.

Check the behavior of the replicat process and Auto CDR. Let us know in case of any issues.

Regards,

Veera

• K.Gan
    K.Gan Member Posts: 2,815 Bronze Crown

This is not a good way to set specific reperror

Reperror(-1403, discard)

reperror reset

Do:

Map table1, target table1, reperror(1403,discard);

Note that the reference for REPERROR global setting is confusing. It never says what it does in the context of the prm file. The RESET does say it resets whatever before it. So god knows what it does.

So what does this mean?

reperror (1403, discard)

reperror (1, discard)

Does it get rid of 1403 or both 1403 and 1 are now discarded?