Forum Stats

• 3,872,051 Users
  • 2,266,372 Discussions
  • 7,911,041 Comments

Discussions

Is there any way to compare the value in a text account with a member's name?

AndyAndyAndy
AndyAndyAndy Member Posts: 8 Red Ribbon
edited Jul 19, 2022 2:17PM in Planning and Budgeting

Is there any way to compare the value in a text account with a member's name?

I'm asking this question because our client want to manually upload the Brand (which is a dimension) information of the related data through a form onto "No Brand"(the default member of Brand dimension), and we need to use CalcMgr Rules to copy the data from "No Brand" to the required Brand Dimension member with other dimension unchanged.

I've find that if using the function [[PlanningFunctions.getIdForString("text")]], then I can compare the value in a text account with a string.

However, when I try to insert a function @Name(@currmbr("Brand") instead of using the specific member name "BR_0000050L" , the rule validation could not get passed.

Could someone help me with this problem? Or is there any way of using smart list to solve this problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stu G-Oracle
    Stu G-Oracle Member Posts: 89 Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi

If you use a Smart List then you can link that to a member set, e.g. ILvl0Descendants("Brand") so:

1. You can be sure the user is selecting a valid member
    2. The Smart List id is the Member Name id so you can use that in calculations, e.g. moving data from "No Brand" to the specific brand that you want

Regards

Stu

AndyAndyAndy

Answers

• Stu G-Oracle
    Answer ✓

Hi

If you use a Smart List then you can link that to a member set, e.g. ILvl0Descendants("Brand") so:

1. You can be sure the user is selecting a valid member
    2. The Smart List id is the Member Name id so you can use that in calculations, e.g. moving data from "No Brand" to the specific brand that you want

Regards

Stu

AndyAndyAndy
  • AndyAndyAndy

Hi Stu,

Thanks for answering, but I'm still not sure which function to fetch the Smart List id, could you recommend one to me?

BR,

Andy

• Stu G-Oracle

Hi Andy

Do I understand correctly that the client wants to input to "No Brand" and then wants you to write that to the paticular brand member chosen / entered?

If so then this kind of function works, it uses a Smart List based on the Currency dimension members and writes values entered in "No Currency" to the Currency member chosen from a Smart List in the "Entity Base Currency" Account member for that Entity.

FIX (@RELATIVE("All Customer", 0), "No Currency")

"Volume" (

@XWRITE("OFS_Direct Input", @Loopback, @NAME(@MEMBER(@CONCATENATE("HSP_ID_", @HspNumToString("Entity Base Currency"->"BegBalance"->"No Currency"->"No Year"->"OEP_No Scenario"->"OEP_No Version"->"No Plan Element"->"No Product"->"No Terminal"->"No Customer")))));

)

ENDFIX

• AndyAndyAndy

Hi Stu,

Your understanding is totally what I want!

I tried with the function @HspNumToString() to fetch the smart list value from the required POV, but it looks like the calculation manager couldn't recognize this function.

BTW, My application is EPBCS on EPM Clould.

• AndyAndyAndy

Hi Stu,

I tried again using @ismbr(@Member(@HspNumToString({POV})))), and the rule is validated. I will further attempt with your sample case. Thanks a lot!!