• 2,266,534 Discussions
  • 7,911,502 Comments

Discussions

Adding new work repository in an existing setup

Shafeel
Shafeel Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon
edited Aug 3, 2022 11:56AM in Data Integrator

Hi

I have both Master and Work repository connected on the same ODI_DEV_REPO schema . Now I need to create an additional new work repository. Ideally I want to this new work repository attached to the existing master. But, I read from the oracle documentation that we cannot have 2 different work repositories in the same schema. So the only options are,

Option1: Create 2 new schemas one for ODI_TEST_REPO_MASTER (master repository) and another for ODI_TEST_REPO_WORK (work repository)

Option 2: create ODI_TEST_REPO schema and make this master and work repository, similar to what I have now.

I just wanted to know if there are some other options here?

Note: I have ODI 12c 12.2.1.2.6 with standalone agent running on Linux system.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Marco Fris
    Marco Fris Member Posts: 152 Bronze Badge
    Answer ✓

You can create a second schema for only the second work repository, so you will end up with ODI_DEV_REPO schema hosting Master and Work1 repositories, and e.g. ODI_TEST_REPO where your Work2 repository lives.

Please do consider upgrading to 12.2.1.4. Your version and 12.2.1.3 both have some bugs in the VCS integration and import/export areas that caused us considerable pain, and neither are still under full support.

Answers

• Marco Fris
    Marco Fris Member Posts: 152 Bronze Badge
    Answer ✓

You can create a second schema for only the second work repository, so you will end up with ODI_DEV_REPO schema hosting Master and Work1 repositories, and e.g. ODI_TEST_REPO where your Work2 repository lives.

Please do consider upgrading to 12.2.1.4. Your version and 12.2.1.3 both have some bugs in the VCS integration and import/export areas that caused us considerable pain, and neither are still under full support.