This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 31st, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,708 Users
  • 2,269,776 Discussions
  • 7,916,827 Comments

Discussions

Wrong database name is displayed in SQL worksheet on OCI console

ChakJ
ChakJ Member Posts: 6 Green Ribbon

I created an Autonomous transaction database in the cloud free tier account yesterday. I used "Database Actions" to connect to this database ocilabsdb1. But when I query the database "select * from v$database" with the "admin" user in the SQL worksheet icon, I geta different database name "fefypod" created in 2020.

Could you please help?

Kind regards

Chak Jagannathan

Answers

• asahide
    asahide Expert Technical Engineer Member Posts: 1,619 Gold Trophy

Hi,

TNSNAMES, I thought it would be easier to understand if you could upload the connection command and the query to V$.

Regards,

• ChakJ

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I am using downloaded wallet folder and using it to connect to DB login details screen in SQL worksheet.

• ChakJ

Hello,

I am also using SQL*Developer and still getting the same output. Please find attached my screenshots. I am not using any tnsnames.ora.

Thanks

Chak

• ChakJ

Apologies. I am using tnsnames.ora from the credentials wallet file. I have not unzipped the "Wallet_OCILABSDB1_1.zip" file in the "C:\Users\chak_\Downloads" folder. The entries are as follows:

ocilabsdb1_high = (description= (retry_count=20)(retry_delay=3)(address=(protocol=tcps)(port=1522)(host=adb.us-ashburn-1.oraclecloud.com))(connect_data=(service_name=g93d08a6f4b6744_ocilabsdb1_high.adb.oraclecloud.com))(security=(ssl_server_cert_dn="CN=adwc.uscom-east-1.oraclecloud.com, OU=Oracle BMCS US, O=Oracle Corporation, L=Redwood City, ST=California, C=US")))

ocilabsdb1_low = (description= (retry_count=20)(retry_delay=3)(address=(protocol=tcps)(port=1522)(host=adb.us-ashburn-1.oraclecloud.com))(connect_data=(service_name=g93d08a6f4b6744_ocilabsdb1_low.adb.oraclecloud.com))(security=(ssl_server_cert_dn="CN=adwc.uscom-east-1.oraclecloud.com, OU=Oracle BMCS US, O=Oracle Corporation, L=Redwood City, ST=California, C=US")))

ocilabsdb1_medium = (description= (retry_count=20)(retry_delay=3)(address=(protocol=tcps)(port=1522)(host=adb.us-ashburn-1.oraclecloud.com))(connect_data=(service_name=g93d08a6f4b6744_ocilabsdb1_medium.adb.oraclecloud.com))(security=(ssl_server_cert_dn="CN=adwc.uscom-east-1.oraclecloud.com, OU=Oracle BMCS US, O=Oracle Corporation, L=Redwood City, ST=California, C=US")))

ocilabsdb1_tp = (description= (retry_count=20)(retry_delay=3)(address=(protocol=tcps)(port=1522)(host=adb.us-ashburn-1.oraclecloud.com))(connect_data=(service_name=g93d08a6f4b6744_ocilabsdb1_tp.adb.oraclecloud.com))(security=(ssl_server_cert_dn="CN=adwc.uscom-east-1.oraclecloud.com, OU=Oracle BMCS US, O=Oracle Corporation, L=Redwood City, ST=California, C=US")))

ocilabsdb1_tpurgent = (description= (retry_count=20)(retry_delay=3)(address=(protocol=tcps)(port=1522)(host=adb.us-ashburn-1.oraclecloud.com))(connect_data=(service_name=g93d08a6f4b6744_ocilabsdb1_tpurgent.adb.oraclecloud.com))(security=(ssl_server_cert_dn="CN=adwc.uscom-east-1.oraclecloud.com, OU=Oracle BMCS US, O=Oracle Corporation, L=Redwood City, ST=California, C=US")))