Forum Stats

• 3,768,656 Users
  • 2,252,827 Discussions
  • 7,874,672 Comments

Discussions

Hyperion - Designer: Unknown error in OLAP process

301580 Member Posts: 3
edited Sep 17, 2007 3:15AM in Hyperion Query and Reporting
We created OLAP Query using Hyperion Intelligence client - Designer.
While clicking the "Process" button it says "Unknown error in OLAP process".

Any clues on this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

We diagnosed the client (using dbgprint) & find out that some client dlls are missing. One such dlls is essgapin.dll (Grid API library) which suppose to produce the grid while clicking the Process button.
    595013 Member Posts: 22
    Do you have the Essbase client installed on the machine where Designer is installed?
    Hi Sanjeev

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Intially, we couldn't create an OCE file (using Designer) with Essbase as a data source & found out that we need client connectivity files which comes with Analytic client s/w.

We tried installing the Analytics client (aix version) using executable jar (setup.jar) in Windows XP but it was giving some exceptions.

But after installing Essbase Integration services (console), we could create the OCE files but end up with the issue that I've mentioned. I think the connectivity files even comes with EIS s/w with few other APIs but not all the APIs required for client.

Now we are trying to get the Windows version of Analytic client s/w. We've to try with this. I believe, most probably, this would resolve the issue.

Thank you again.
This discussion has been closed.