• 3,827,529 Users
  • 2,260,790 Discussions
  • 7,897,291 Comments

Discussions

Interactive Reporting An Unknown error has occured

597613 Member Posts: 2
edited Jul 18, 2008 4:08PM in Hyperion Query and Reporting
I have a number of users that keep getting the following message:

"An unknown error has occurred. Please save your document and restart your application."

This error appears several times in Interactive Reporting. It happens when you are trying to copy and paste formulas into a spreadsheet. Also, the error has occurred when adding or changing a filter, removing a column, processing a query, changing column orders, copying and pasting from one window to another, removing a column, etc.

Any ideas on why we are getting this error.

Thanks
Doug Pilot

Comments

597350 Member Posts: 10
    Well, I face this error too. I think it is a bug! If I got any updates -as we are contacting Hyperion- I will get back to you.
    597613 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I am also working with Hyperion. I will let you know what they tell me.
  • Ming L
    Ming L Member Posts: 2 Blue Ribbon
    I have applied the Service Fix 9.3.1.0.11 and users are reporting the same error " "An unknown error has occurred. Please save your document and restart your application." .

This did not happen prior to the Service Fix.

Were you guys able to resolve the issue?
    622266 Member Posts: 3
    We have the same problem after applying the service fix. When we rolled back to the pre-service fix web client, we were unable to reproduce this issue so it seems the new web client is flawed.

Are you on red hat linux too?

We asked a couple of other implementations but they did not see this issue after adding the service fix.

The related dbgprint entry we see is:
    Failure in removal of file:C:\DOCUME~1\ij24\LOCALS~1\Temp\ODSC6.tmp.
    Error: [13] <path specifies a read-only file>
    Exception thrown in v1_bi_code\bq\query\qryom.cpp, line 375: Error during Process
    Script(x):uncaught exception: Error during Process

thanks,
    Insiyah.
  • I know this is late, but I got a patch (9.3.1.0.25) from Hyperion today that needed to be applied after applying 9.3.1.0.11. It corrected the 'Unknown error..
This discussion has been closed.