Forum Stats

• 3,782,026 Users
  • 2,254,584 Discussions
  • 7,879,894 Comments

Discussions

The installation problem of OIM

630212 Member Posts: 66
edited Nov 12, 2008 8:54AM in Identity Manager
The OIM is installed on Oracle AS10g, and the DB is Oracle DB 10.2.0.1. We notice that if the AS is WebLogic, we should config the following parameters at the AS web console.But in case of the AS is Oracle, we are not sure if the following parameters should be set, there is no doc mentions this obviously.So if the configuration is mandatory,how to complete it?Does anyone has some experience in this?
1.OIM Connection Pool settings
2.OIM JDBC connection pool
3.OIM's XA connection Pool
4.JDBC Data Source

Thanks,

Comments

• bigboss
    bigboss Member Posts: 158
    All these parameter are set by the installer itself with Oracle Application Server. You only need to create a new oc4j instance and set the rmi setting and enviroment variables.
    Thank you, bigboss. I got it. You are very helpful.
    About the config parameters, I am aware of other issues. If all these parameters are set by the installer itself with Oracle Application Server, it means all these parameters will not be used in the procedure of implementation,Right? If not, where can we config these parameters by ourselves? Because according to the develop procedure of J2EE, these parameters are all mandatory, but OIM itself is a J2EE application.So I am a bit confused about the configuration of these parameters.
    Best Regards!
    613679 Member Posts: 562
    The installer automatically sets the values on install time.

If you are knowledgeable of the appserver you can tweak the parameters but be very careful. Some of the values are often controlled from multiple independent places i.e. on some app servers the data sources must be set both in the app server config and in the OIM config.

My basic advice is to leave these values alone unless you have a very good reason to tweak them.

Best regards
    /M
    edited Jun 26, 2008 12:02PM
    Thank you, Martin
    What you said "The installer automatically sets the values on install time" is the installation of OIM or OracleAS or both?If the AS is weblogic, we must config these parameters by ourselves, but there is no need for OracleAS, why? In the procedure of installation, the AS is installed before the OIM, that is the OracleAS does not know there will be an OIM Application on it. So how does it config these OIM relevant parameters(eg, my initial post mentioned)?
    613679 Member Posts: 562
    In this case I am referring to the OIM installer.

If you follow the installation instructions for OIM the combination of the steps that are performed by the automatic OIM installer and the manual steps detailed in the install instructions should set these parameters.

I have no experience of using OIM on Oracle AS but this is the general approach.

Hope this helps
    /M
    628382 Member Posts: 47
    I've done it on Oracle AS.

There are a few things it misses. There are probably more, but a few I can think of were-

1) When you create your OIM instance, it sets the default protocol in ajp. You have to go change this to HTTP if you want to access it through the web browser.

2) If you install both DB and OAS on the same server (for example, in DEV env), there is some variable which shares the same IP (I think it's for failover). Because of this, if they are both running at the same time, they will time each other out when you are trying to install OIM. Ironic, because it's a failover 'feature' that fails.
    Thanks, Martin
    I do not quite understand your second paragraph.You mean:if the install doc contained the manual steps, we must set these parameters by ourselves.if there is no clear instructions,then these parameters must be set automatically,so we can ignore it ,right?

If these parameters are set automatically on Oracle AS, where can we modify their value?
    628382 Member Posts: 47
    Have you completed the installation? The point of installers is to do as much of the work in automation. If you really want to find out the nuts and bolts you will probably have to be very familiar with the Application server itself.

Since these servers are supported by Oracle, if you are having issues, you can always go to Oracle support.
    I have completed the installation. I don't know if these parameters should be configurated manually on Oracle AS, and if the procedure is automatically, where can I modify their value.
This discussion has been closed.