• 3,854,917 Users
  • 2,264,431 Discussions
  • 7,905,832 Comments

Discussions

Redeploying all application libraries to a managed server

tsemba
tsemba Member Posts: 3
edited Jul 29, 2008 2:53AM in WebLogic Portal
I have a vanilla installation of WebLogic 10.2 portal on HP-UX 11i v2.

Application libraries (Domain Structure -> Deployments -> [Control] tab) have around 137 application libraries deployed to the "AdminServer" as a target by default.

Now I created a managed server and I want to target all the 137 application libraries to the newly created managed server so I can use the portal features.

How can I do that programattically or using the WLST, I'm trying to avoid accessing all 137 libraries (from the /console) one by one to add the newly created managed server to the list of targets (and actually have the libraries distributed to the managed server)?

I'm simplifying my situation above, as my real situtation is that the managed server is remote managed server and is part of a cluster.

Any hints are appreciated.

Comments

649271 Member Posts: 76
    Hi tsemba,

You can go to config.xml and modify the target for libraries from admin to admin and managed server and do a restart of the server. You have to just change 1 file this way. And pls dont forget to take a backup of config.xml file.

Targets="myadminserver,myMS1, myMS2, ..."

But just curious why do you need libraries. There should be no library files deployed on the server except application ear/war files.If you need any library, you should make it part of your app.

Thanks
    Vishnu
  • tsemba
    tsemba Member Posts: 3
    Thatks I will try that and get back to you. But would changing the target and then restart, would that actually transfer the library to the "remote" managed server?

My exact problem is that the application, which uses portal services/libraries (for example wlp-tools-content-app-lib, weblogic-controls-1.0 etc.) when deployed to a cluster, it deploys fine to the local manager server, but I get many type of exceptions on the remote node, exception are like ClassNotFoundException, for example:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.bea.p13n.cache.internal.system.CacheClusterMessage: This error could indicate that a co
    mponent was deployed on a cluster member but not other members of that cluster. Make sure that any component deployed on a se
    rver that is part of a cluster is also deployed on all other members of that cluster
    at weblogic.j2ee.ApplicationManager.loadClass(ApplicationManager.java:218)
    at weblogic.j2ee.ApplicationManager.loadClass(ApplicationManager.java:85)
    at weblogic.common.internal.WLObjectInputStream.resolveClass(WLObjectInputStream.java:61)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1538)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1460)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
    648793 Member Posts: 96
    Can you post your config.xml? Make sure that your libs are accessible to your remote systems node. The libraries are found in X:\bea102\wlserver_10.0\portal\lib directory. Do you have this directory in ur remote system?
    650542 Member Posts: 13
    I faced similar issue on WLS 10.0. I generated a Service Control from WSDL file and using it with annotation @Control. Even though the weblogic-controls-10.0 library is installed on ManagedServer as well as Admin Server, my application can only run on Admin Server.
    Invoke the service on ManagedServer gave error:

<bea_fault:stacktrace xmlns:bea_fault="http://www.bea.com/servers/wls70/webservice/fault/1.0.0">
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.bea.wlw.util.internal.WlwLogger.debug(Ljava/lang/Object;)V
    at weblogic.controls.jws.ControlListener.onCreate(ControlListener.java:84)
    at weblogic.wsee.jws.container.CompositeListener.onCreate(CompositeListener.java:55)

Even an empty application that use @Control has the same error, it means the service control class cause the error.

The strange thing is that I check all the libraries and their target are for both Admin and Managed server. Anyone has idea how to solve the issue?
    Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.