• 3,851,967 Users
  • 2,264,055 Discussions
  • 7,904,918 Comments

Discussions

Login and Content Presenter Portlet

653103 Member Posts: 114
edited Aug 15, 2008 3:57PM in WebLogic Portal
Hi!!::
I'm trying to use the content presenter portlet in a portal application but when i deploy the app, i can't see the portlet, i don't know what is happening because at least i expected to watch a empty portlet, then i remember that when i added the portlet i did not tell the portlet what to show, but, how do i do that if i can't see the portlet or any of the configuration buttons, well i taught that if i login maybe the buttons will be visible so i started to investigate how to login, and i found a sample code here http://edocs.bea.com/wlp/docs100/security/lockdown.html but when i ran the sample nothing happened so i look for a reason in log file and i found this

####<7/08/2008 10:36:01 AM GMT-06:00> <Error> <netuix> <interoper1> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '3' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <> <1218126961970> <BEA-423166> <An exception or error occurred in the backing file [com.bea.content.ui.framework.ContentUIPortletBacking] while executing its handlePostbackData method. It was java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to retrieve the current portlet instance information.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to retrieve the current portlet instance information.
at com.bea.content.ui.framework.services.PortletManagementService.getPortletSessionConfigurationKey(PortletManagementService.java:2726)
at com.bea.content.ui.framework.services.PortletManagementService.hasReturnedFromConfiguration(PortletManagementService.java:938)
at com.bea.content.ui.framework.ContentUIPortletBacking.handlePostbackData(ContentUIPortletBacking.java:139)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.Backable$Impl.handlePostbackData(Backable.java:166)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.AdministeredBackableControl.handlePostbackData(AdministeredBackableControl.java:83)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.window.Window.handlePostbackData(Window.java:606)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$2.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:180)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursive(ControlTreeWalker.java:324)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursive(ControlTreeWalker.java:334)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursive(ControlTreeWalker.java:334)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:130)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:395)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:352)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.runInbound(Lifecycle.java:184)
at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:159)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.runLifecycle(UIServlet.java:388)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.doPost(UIServlet.java:258)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.service(UIServlet.java:199)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.SingleFileServlet.service(SingleFileServlet.java:251)
at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:686)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:226)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:124)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
at com.bea.portal.tools.servlet.http.HttpContextFilter.doFilter(HttpContextFilter.java:60)
at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:336)
at com.bea.jsptools.servlet.PagedResultServiceFilter.doFilter(PagedResultServiceFilter.java:82)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3393)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2140)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2046)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)
>

does anyone knows what's happening here?

PD. Sorry for m y English

Comments

655221 Member Posts: 116
    I can reproduce the same stack trace when I use the Content Presenter portlet in a file-based .portal instead of in a streaming-mode desktop

For more on the difference between file-based and streaming see the docs: "File-Based Portals and Streaming Portals" http://edocs.bea.com/wlp/docs102/portals/intro_to_portal_dev.html#wp1002092

The docs for using Content Presenter portlet give instructions for using it in a streaming desktop but I don't think they explicitly say that you cannot use it in a file-based .portal.( "Configuring the Content Presenter Portlet in Your Portal" http://edocs.bea.com/wlp/docs102/portlets/development.html#wp1035562 )

The docs should probably explicitly say that a file-based .portal is not a supported configuration for the Content Presenter portlet because it is an untested, unsupported configuration.

The reason for this is that the Content Presenter depends on being able to dynamically use portlet preferences and preferences are static in a file-based portal.

In Oracle WebLogic Portal 10.2 I think some work was done that may make it possible to use the Content Presenter portlet in a file-based portal with some limitations. However, it would be an untested, unsupported configuration.
This discussion has been closed.