• 2,254,533 Discussions
  • 7,879,771 Comments

Discussions

flowlayout.jsp not found.

laknarayan
laknarayan Member Posts: 14
edited Aug 12, 2009 3:13PM in WebLogic Portal
Hi,

I have created a portal and deployed in weblogic portal server.
When i run it, i am getting below error.

*<Aug 27, 2008 3:03:25 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101214> <Included resource or file "/SpringPortletWeb/framework/skeletons/springPortalLNF/flowlayout.jsp" not found from requested resource "/SpringPortletWeb/springTestPortal.portal".>*

I have all required files in the above mentioned path, but still the error occurs..

Please help me.

Thanks,
Lakshmi
Tagged:

Answers

649271 Member Posts: 76
    Lakshmi,

Looks like you have a created a custom look and feel and you are on a unix environment. Did you see is the file name is in the right case.

Thanks
    Vishnu
  • laknarayan
    Vishnu,

Yes It is cusrom created LNF, i have just followed BEA Weblogic manual to create these project.
    The portal is running on windows only.

Eventhough it is custom LNF , the files are copied from bighorn.

This is just proto type, i dont require LNF for now, i am doing spring portlet application. Because of this error the respective page is not displaying.

I just wants some work around to escape from this issue.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi
    If you just need a work around, then you can use the default look and feel intead of custom look and feel.
  • laknarayan
    Hi,

I have created a new project and this time i have used default LAF.
    but still getting same error.

<Aug 29, 2008 10:52:57 AM EDT> <Warning> <org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver> <BEA-000000> <View caching is SWITCHED OFF -- DEVELOPMENT SETTING ONLY: This can severely impair performance>
    <Aug 29, 2008 10:52:57 AM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101214> *<Included resource or file "/SpringPortal/framework/skeletons/default/flowlayout.jsp"* not found from requested resource "/SpringPortal/springPortal.portlet".>

From merged project window, i have copied folders skeleton-> default, skins->default and files default.laf.

I don't what else i need to do to resolve this.
    Is this happening because i am using trial version on weblogic portal.

Help me.

Thanks,
    Laks.
    648832 Member Posts: 88
    When creating a new look and feel, you should "extend" the Bighorn skin and skeleton, and simply override the areas/files that you're interested in modifying. I think that's what happened with your original case -- your new LAF wasn't inheriting correctly from the Bighorn skeleton. See this documentation for some more specific examples: http://edocs.bea.com/wlp/docs102/portals/develop_ui_lookfeel.html#wp1057803.

If you post your skeleton.xml file here, I can try to help you further as well.

George
    Laks,

you dont need to copy the files to workspace. Just let it be in the references.

Vish
  • laknarayan
    Hi,

I have exactly followed the steps mentioned in the link still getting same error.

<Sep 2, 2008 9:57:38 AM EDT> <Warning> <netuix> <BEA-423319> <A default encoding was not found for webapp [SpringPortal]. You can set a default encoding for portals in netuix-config.xml. Defaulting to [UTF-8].>
    <Sep 2, 2008 9:57:41 AM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101214> <Included resource or file "/SpringPortal/framework/skeletons/bighorn/flowlayout.jsp" not found from requested resource "/SpringPortal/springTest.portal".>

created a new LAF "springlaf" and followed as mentioed in the manual.

Attaching skeleton.xml for your ref.

<skeleton
    xmlns="http://www.bea.com/servers/portal/framework/laf/1.0.0"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.bea.com/servers/portal/framework/laf/1.0.0 laf-skeleton-1_0_0.xsd"
    >
    <render-format>
    <preset>HTML_4_01_TRANSITIONAL</preset>
    </render-format>
    <render-strategy>
    <search-path>
    <path-element>.</path-element>
    <path-element>../bighorn</path-element>
    </search-path>
    </render-strategy>
    <render-dependencies>
    <html>
    <links>
    <search-path>
    <path-element>css</path-element>
    <path-element>../bighorn/css</path-element>
    </search-path>
    <link href="layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
    </links>
    <scripts>
    <search-path>
    <path-element>js</path-element>
    <path-element>../bighorn/js</path-element>
    </search-path>
    <script src="buttons.js" type="text/javascript"/>
    <script src="util.js" type="text/javascript"/>
    </scripts>
    </html>
    </render-dependencies>
    </skeleton>

Update me if i am missing anything.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi.
    648832 Member Posts: 88
    Hi Lakshmi,

Hmm, this is puzzling. Earlier in the thread, you mentioned that you still get this error, even if you change your portal to use the Bighorn look and feel. Does your Portal Web Project have the wlp-lookandfeel-web-lib library modules in it? The easiest way to check that is to expand the Merged Project Content tree in Workshop, and look for the framework/skeletons/bighorn/flowlayout.jsp file.

George
  • laknarayan
    Hi George,

1. The webProject->properties->java buildPath->Libraries has wlp-lookandfeel-web-lib.jar file.
    But not in web-inf\lib directory , i think this is fine.

2. From Merged Project view, i am able to see /SpringPortal/framework/skeletons/bighorn/flowlayout.jsp file.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi.
  • laknarayan
    Hi,

Now i have found one thing.. the "/SpringPortal/framework/skeletons/bighorn/flowlayout.jsp" has some warnings.

<c:forEach items="${_flowlayoutpc.placeholders_}"

A warning @ underlined text, telling '*The field "placeholders" is undefined for the type "com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext".*'

Is it failing because of this error?. :(

Thanks,
    Lakshmi.
This discussion has been closed.