Forum Stats

• 3,837,857 Users
  • 2,262,302 Discussions
  • 7,900,410 Comments

Discussions

Migration of Analyzer 7.0 to Analysis 9.3.1 migration - security issue.

Detlev
Detlev Member Posts: 463 Blue Ribbon
edited Sep 3, 2008 3:02PM in Hyperion Query and Reporting
Migration of Analyzer 7.0 to Analysis 9.3.1 security issue.
We run several test migrations from analyzer 7 to Analysis931. Among other things I see flaws/ bugs in the migration of the security.

It creates (among a lot other things) a folder structure in workspace with the follwing folders:
Groups> Everyone> Databases
Reports> {reportgroupnames} >
Users> Databases > Desktop > Profiles (if applicable)
Folder "Groups" have no permissions assigned to users or groups; strange
Folder "Everyone" have no permissions assigned to users or groups; strange
Folder "databases" have no permissions assigned to users or groups; strange
Permissions on the folder "Reports" are assigned to users or groups; but it seems that users who have created their own reportgroups in the 70 version now have full permission on the report folder. Which is strange again.
Permissions on the folder Reportgroups and reports are assigned fine.
no permissions on folder "users" are not assigned to users or groups. which is strange since it containes all the info which is stored in analyzer
no permissions on folder "desktop" are not assigned to users or groups. idem
no permissions on folder "profiles" are not assigned to users or groups. idem.?
Did I miss something or is it a bug?

Answers

• Phulsebosch
    Phulsebosch Member Posts: 775 Gold Badge
    Hello Detlev,

The security concept of Analyzer 7 has been changed completely with its upgrade to version 7.2.

" The Administration Tool is completely redesigned and adheres to a file system paradigm for administrating users and groups and granting them permissions and security to files and folders in the repository. By default, the repository structure will have a User folder and Group folder. "

This change of paradigm means that the old security structure does not fit 1:1 into the new structure. As far as I know there is an conversion utility for this, but the quality I do not know. I advised my customers to rethink their security setup to meet the new structure rather than converting the old structure.

This is a mayor step and it requires a good knowledge of the new securty concept.

Regards,
    Philip Hulsebosch
This discussion has been closed.