• 3,769,636 Users
  • 2,252,995 Discussions
  • 7,875,129 Comments

Discussions

Discoverer Plus Login Failed

480671 Member Posts: 3
edited Sep 4, 2008 4:57PM in Discoverer
Hi,

I am trying to integrate Discoverer 10.1.2.2 with R12 Ebiz. I have completed all the integration part. When I try to login using http://HOSTNAME:PORT/discoverer/plus, I get the below error.

A connection error has occurred.
- Failed to connect to database - Unable to connect to Oracle Applications database: invalid username/password

After the investigation, I found that in opmn/logs/Discoverer~SessionServer~1 below entry is there.

SECURITY_APPL_LOGIN_FAILED

I have validated my guest password. It's fine.

SQL> SELECT fnd_web_sec.validate_login('GUEST','ORACLE') FROM dual;

FND_WEB_SEC.VALIDATE_LOGIN('GUEST','ORACLE')
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Y

Also I have applied patch 6357481. Even I get the same error from Discoverer Admin

Please help me to resolve.

Regards,
Vish
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rod West
    Rod West Member Posts: 4,025 Gold Trophy
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,

Are you running you Applications 11i in secure mode? (check in $APPL_TOP/admin/<SID>_<hostname>.xml for s_appserverid_authentication set to SECURE)

If you are then you will need to move the .dbc file into the FND_SECURE directory where you connect with Discoverer. Look at this link for more details.

Rod West

Answers

• Rod West
    Rod West Member Posts: 4,025 Gold Trophy
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,

Are you running you Applications 11i in secure mode? (check in $APPL_TOP/admin/<SID>_<hostname>.xml for s_appserverid_authentication set to SECURE)

If you are then you will need to move the .dbc file into the FND_SECURE directory where you connect with Discoverer. Look at this link for more details.

Rod West
    480671 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the update.

I am using R12. I have turned off the secure mode and it started working. But I did further invetigation, If you look at Note:463268.1, Patch 6357481 (Discoverer Cumulative Patch 4) which fixes this issue. If you apply this patch, the workaround (i.e. setting the "s_appserverid_authentication" to OFF) may not be necessary, depending on the Security requirements.

I raised an SR for the login issue persists after applying the patch.

Regards,
    Vish
  • Hi Vish
    As Rod mentions, if you are running in Secure mode there are a few things you need to do:

1. Create a folder called secure under your Oracle folder on the machine that contains Discoverer Admin

2. Create a new environment variable called FND_SECURE and give it this value: c:\oracle\secure

3. Get the dbc file from the EBS environment and place it in the secure folder

4. Make sure the name of the dbc file is the same as the name of the entry in your TNS Names file. The easiest way is to name the TNS Entry the same as the dbc file or even copy the TNS entry from the EBS environment

5. Make sure Discoverer Admin is patched to this level: 10.1.2.2 (4960210 recommeded) then apply EBS patch 5985072
    By the way, the easiest way to apply patch 5985072 is to copy the files from the patch directory 5985072/files/bin to the Discoverer Admin (or Desktop) Oracle Home /bin directory (default location is c:\oracle\BITools_Home1\bin).

6. Create these registry settings (back up your register first):
    Registry Key DataType Value
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Oracle\Discoverer 10\Database\EnableTriggers REG_DWORD 1
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Oracle\Discoverer 10\Database\DefaultPreserveDisplayPropertyForRefresh REG_DWORD 1

7. Copy or update your TNS Names entry, making sure you have an entry named to match the name of the dbc file referred to in steps 3 and 4

Best wishes
    Michael
This discussion has been closed.