• 2,266,378 Discussions
  • 7,911,047 Comments

Discussions

Newbie: How to use SOA in JDev 10.1.3.4

AmitSoaDev
AmitSoaDev Member Posts: 213
edited Sep 9, 2008 10:24AM in SOA Suite Discusssions
Hi,

I downloaded jdevstudio10134.zip studio edition from Oracle's site. I believe this distribution include SOA.
After unzipping it in windows, I created a BPEL project. I want to now deploy it to a SOA Server.

What do I need to do. I have installed Oracle XE, but as of now, there is no SOA-related schema in it. What exactly do I need to do to get all this up and working. I believe that there should be some script to install the SOA schema on the XE, and then I should be running the SOA Server. Next, I would create a Application Server connection to this server, and finally deploy my BPEL process.

What I want to know is how to get the SOA server running.

Regards,
Amit
Tagged:

Answers

• ajochems
    ajochems Member Posts: 350
    There are basically two possibilities:
    1) you install SOA suite 10.1.3.1 developer version. This installs JDeveloper with Oracle Lite database and integrated oc4j container with preconfigured bpel server.
    2) you install Oracle database (XE is fine) and seperate Oracle SOA Suite midtier installation. This installs an ias 10.1.3.1 with bpel, esb and orawsm. Then you install Jdeveloper (10.1.3.4 is fine) to build and deploy your processes.

Since you already have Oracle XE and JDeveloper installed the easiest is to install Oracle SOA suite alongside them configuring it to use the xe database. Be aware you will need something like 512Mb - 1Gb of additional memory to run soa suite. Because you are using the 10.1.3.4 version of jdev i would also upgrade the 10.1.3.1 to 10.1.3.4 after installation.

Kind Regards,
    Andre
This discussion has been closed.