Forum Stats

• 3,853,765 Users
  • 2,264,266 Discussions
  • 7,905,444 Comments

Discussions

Newbie: Mobile server and Oracle DB must be on same server?

Hello Forum...

I'm having problems installing mobile server (ver. 10.3.0.2.0).

First, I tried installing within an OAS instance (ver. 10.1.3.0.0) - I couldn't set the password of the mobile server oc4j account in the enterprise manager of the application server, and got stuck there. Also, I couldn't login to webtogo as the mobile server admin.

Secondly, I installed the mobile server standalone but when I launch the "runmobileserver.bat" I get the following error:

08/09/22 12:54:21 log9: Connect As: MOBILEADMIN
08/09/22 12:54:21 log9: Mobile Server ID not found, Failed to register.
08/09/22 12:54:21 log9: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Like the previous time, I couldn't login to webtogo as the mobile server admin. [OS: windows 2003 enterprise in both cases]

I've been told by my dba that Oracle mobileserver will only work if it's installed on the same server as the back-end database. Is that true?

thanks
/j-p.

Best Answer

• MCHARPEN-Oracle
    MCHARPEN-Oracle Member Posts: 129
    Answer ✓
    Hi J-P,

When you installed the mobile server in standalone mode, repwizard was not executed or failed.
    Try to run repwizard again by using: $ORACLE_HOME/mobile/server/admin/repwizard
    You can Check the log file in $ORACLE_HOME/mobile/server/repository.log to see if there are any critical error,
    the repwizard should register your mobile server, you can check that table: mobileadmin.mobileserver_instances if you can see your hostname and port.

About your Mobile Server OAS installation, you should not need to use the oc4jadmin password as if you have installed OAS 10.1.3 and run the Oracle lite runinstaller to install Oracle lite 10.3.0.2. in the same ORACLE_HOME with OAS running, it should automatically deployed the mobile server j2ee application into OAS.

Regards.
    Marc
    PS: To change the OC4JADMIN Password you can use the note: Note.460314.1 Ext/Pub Unable to make a connection to OC4J instance mobileserver on Application Server

Answers

619630 Member Posts: 70
    No. Orale Lite Mobile Server does not need to be on the same machine as the backend database.

"Mobile Server ID not found, Failed to register."

It looks like your mobile server installation is not linked to a oracle lite repository. Did you install olite repository after you installed mobile server?
  • MCHARPEN-Oracle
    MCHARPEN-Oracle Member Posts: 129
    Answer ✓
    Hi J-P,

When you installed the mobile server in standalone mode, repwizard was not executed or failed.
    Try to run repwizard again by using: $ORACLE_HOME/mobile/server/admin/repwizard
    You can Check the log file in $ORACLE_HOME/mobile/server/repository.log to see if there are any critical error,
    the repwizard should register your mobile server, you can check that table: mobileadmin.mobileserver_instances if you can see your hostname and port.

About your Mobile Server OAS installation, you should not need to use the oc4jadmin password as if you have installed OAS 10.1.3 and run the Oracle lite runinstaller to install Oracle lite 10.3.0.2. in the same ORACLE_HOME with OAS running, it should automatically deployed the mobile server j2ee application into OAS.

Regards.
    Marc
    PS: To change the OC4JADMIN Password you can use the note: Note.460314.1 Ext/Pub Unable to make a connection to OC4J instance mobileserver on Application Server
  • justatest
    justatest Member Posts: 40
    Many Thanks Ashok and Marc...

In fact there wasn't even a repository log, but taking up your suggestion, taking a look in the one of the other logs did show an issue with table creation. It turned out that there was no quota enabled on user - the dba cleared that up and then the repwizard installed all smoothly.

The Note.460314.1 fixed my issue too with the mobile server installed within an OAS instance. Much appreciated, guys.

Kind regards
    /j-p.
  • Hi J-P,

I am very happy that my Note 460314.1 fixed your other issue.

Regards.
    Marc
This discussion has been closed.