• 2,252,991 Discussions
  • 7,875,117 Comments

Discussions

Administer SOA Suite Project

user636252
user636252 Member Posts: 17
edited Sep 29, 2008 8:06AM in SOA Suite Discusssions
Hi,

I am working on a large project build around SOA Suite (including BPEL processes, Java web service and ESB).

I have been given a task to research on how to administer the completed project since we are towards the end of completing the project.

I know that we could use BPEL console and ESB console, but they give very limited functionality as to what you can do. We need some sophisticated functionalities.

Basically, what we need is once the project is complete, an administrator to administer all the processes/services.

Can you please suggest as to how I should go about doing this? Maybe someone can share the experience from previous project.

Many thanks,

Agron
Tagged:

Answers

• Ouch,

What did you do to anoy your manager.

Short answer is that there is a SOA Management Pack as part of 10.2.0.4 Grid Control. This provides some dashboards and metrics, sends out notifications, etc. Unfortunately this only monitors BPEL processes though. Well it may do ESB but I couldn't find it.

The other option is to use standard Grid control and create custom metrics by looking at tables in the dehydration store, there is alot of work in this and requires good user requirements but it is flexible.

cheers
    James
  • Are you looking for a way to monitor your processes or for documentation purposes?

-Theo
This discussion has been closed.