This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 31st, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,859 Users
  • 2,269,649 Discussions
  • 7,916,821 Comments

Discussions

Creating custom index on UCM tables ?

Reza.E-Oracle
Reza.E-Oracle Member Posts: 19 Employee
edited Dec 3, 2008 12:20PM in WebCenter Content
Hi Experts,

I know it is possible to add new information fields into UCM (DOCMETA table) through admin applet -> configuration manger.
My question is, Is it possible to create custom index on some of theses newly created fields?
something other than the "Enable for Search Index" checkbox.
Let's say you have added a custom field of type memo and want to create a text index on it so that
you can use search queries with <CONTAINS> or <IN>. (e.g. xCustomField <CONTAINS> 'something' )
at the moment without such a text index an attempt to use <CONTAINS> throws this error:
ORA-20000: Oracle Text error: DRG-10599: column is not indexed
Tagged:

Answers

651857 Member Posts: 474
    I don't know of a way through the UCM interface to do this, I've created indexes on columns in the database directly before. This has always worked well for me. Have you looked at the Zoned Fields under Administration in 10gR3 content server? I've not looked at it that much, maybe that's what it's doing? I think that is more related to the actual columns that get full text indexed and not really the index you are talking about though.
  • John Few
    John Few Member Posts: 4
    What version of content server are you using (7.5.1, 7.5.2, 10gR3) ?
    What indexing engine are you currently using (Verity, Direct Database, Oracle Text Search)?
    What database are you using (SQL 2000, SQL 2005, SQL 2008, Oracle, ect)?
This discussion has been closed.