• 3,759,025 Users
  • 2,251,494 Discussions
  • 7,870,473 Comments

Discussions

conditional mapping in mapping tables

user2657915
user2657915 Member Posts: 12
edited Dec 4, 2008 11:41AM in Financial Data Management
I need to map a group of source accounts to different target accounts based on the category in the POV and a couple entities to different targets based on period and category in the POV. I do not want to set up separate mapping table/locations for every entity for the different years/periods or change the mapping tables every time data is reloaded as it increases the likelihood of error.

I should be able to use "#script" in the target field and write a script to handle the mapping, but have not had any luck.

Has anyone used "#script" in mapping tables?
Tagged:

Answers

631379 Member Posts: 660
    I don't believe you can use the POV members to determine mappings. You will most likely need to have different locations and imports for each category.

Another option would be to skip FDM and do the custom mappings in excel and load data directly to HFM through Workspace.
    657263 Member Posts: 292
    Hello,

I have used hundreds of conditional maps without an issue.

There is an example in the Admin guide that demonstrates exactly what needs to happen. It even lists "varvalues" so you can relate based on other members.

What issue are you experiencing?

Thank you.
  • user2657915
    The example in the admin guide is for all source members. I need to be able to do this for specific source members with different targets for each source. I.e. source entity/account A goes to target 1 or 2 depending on the conditions. B goes to 3 or 4.

I cannot use a rule definition to distinguish A's script vs B's script.
    657263 Member Posts: 292
    Hello,

You can do what you are requesting.

With conditional mapping you can have several rules if the value isn't mapped by the first rule it can be processed later by the next rule.

Conditional mapping is a series of If/Then/EndIf statements to do what you are looking for. They can be very complex VBScripts, or very simple ones (as in the doc.)

Thank you.
  • user2657915
    So am I writing 1 very complicated rule for all of the conditional account mappings.

Do you have an example of one using the POV period/category for the conditions?
This discussion has been closed.