Forum Stats

• 3,852,332 Users
  • 2,264,093 Discussions
  • 7,905,031 Comments

Discussions

SmartView, Web Grid, and System 9 BI+ Reports users

675698 Member Posts: 10
edited Jan 26, 2009 6:37AM in Financial Consolidation
In my security design for an HFM 9.3.1 installation I have a group of users that will need to use SmartView and Web Grids for analysis and have "read-only" access to reports in System 9 BI+. Can anyone give me some suggestions for an HFM role or combination of roles that would accomplish this without giving the users more access than they need?

How about users who will be uploading data to HFM through FDM? I have set those users up in FDM, but am not sure what role to assign them in HFM. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

631379 Member Posts: 660
    for the view only people, they just need Default for a role. If you go this direction, they may need Tasklists built for them to navigate with. Advanced User is another option, it gives people the left menu. The problem is that you cannot pick every option the user can see.

People that load data will need the Load Data role and will need All access to the security classes of the data they load.
    Thanks for your response. Would the Advanced User role also allow the users to use SmartView and Web Grids? It does not specifically say so in the description of the role in the Admin guide

Thanks
    If you have a moment, please take a look at my follow up question in the thread
    Sorry that my follow ups make me look impatient and demanding. I responded to the response to my initial note and then the site made submit another comment in order to mark the thread as unanswered.

Thanks again for your responses!
    631379 Member Posts: 660
    SmartView and Web Grids are automatically available with Default or Advanced User. Anybody with access to the application can use these features.
    Thanks Kelly.

When looking at the possible HFM user roles to assign to FDM data loaders, the only one that seems close to the one that you suggest is "Load Excel Data" which allows the user to load to the HFM database from SmartView. I don't really want to grant users the ability to do that as I don't want them to be able to bypass the validations that I am building into FDM. The "Load System" role would also give the users more rights than I want to allow them. Am I missing something?

Thanks again!

Nick
    Thanks for your input
This discussion has been closed.