• 3,839,777 Users
  • 2,262,536 Discussions
  • 7,901,054 Comments

Discussions

Are there global variables in OSB??

710292 Member Posts: 29
edited Jul 21, 2009 3:58AM in SOA Suite Discusssions
Hi,

I am in the midst of doing a project to be deplolyed in OSB 10.3. There are message flows with error handlers in all stages. I have reporting actions, SLAs etc configured too. During the configuration of above, i had to give reporting key/alert-summary where i have to specify static messages. As i have many operations and implementing the same kind of error handling/reporting in all places, if there is a change to change one of text in the alert-summary etc, then i had to go and change in all places one by one as a part of standardizing the messages. Though i think of a shortcut which i haven't tested and don't know whether it will work or not. That is to export the service bus project as a jar, extract the jar. Edit the .proxyservice file which is an ascii file. I am just curious to know whether is it possible to configure these kinds of static text with keys through declaration of global variables (as used to be done in web applications through resource bundle). Thanks for your reply in advance.

Cheers..
Kuppusamy.V.,
Tagged:

Answers

675595 Member Posts: 978
    That is to export the service bus project as a jar, extract the jar. Edit the .proxyservice file which is an ascii file. I am just curious to know whether is it possible to configure these kinds of static text with keys through declaration of global variables (as used to be done in web applications through resource bundle).
    Modifying exploded config jar for each proxy will work but would not be supported by Oracle Support representatives if you should run into issues and have to raise an SR.

My suggestion to get these keys/value
    1) Use JavaCallout
    2) Configure a service which can return these keys/value pairs
    With both of these above designs you are separating components that need changes frequently from your routing logic. This would be clean and elegant to accommodate changes..

Thanks
    Manoj
This discussion has been closed.