Forum Stats

• 3,827,979 Users
  • 2,260,844 Discussions
  • 7,897,423 Comments

Discussions

Guided Navigation

Hi expert,

In my dashboard i'm using guided navigation. i have 3 sections one of them is displayed at a time according to the user prompt selection.
in each section there is Reference Source Request called flag_1,flag_2& flag_3
each section has one request called reprot_1 ,report_2 & report_3

everything is working ok , only one report is diplayed at time. when i take a look at "session managment " i found that , each time the user choose a value from the prompt and press ok , the flag reports are executed , this is normal & only one report is returning data
also i found that the report_1 ,report_2 & report_3 are executed and in column record there "0+ " and the report that should run has correct number in the column record.

Is this normal behaviour ? to run all the requests in the dashboard even if the section will not be displayed ?

thx

Best Answer

577516 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited Jul 24, 2009 2:30PM Answer ✓
    This is flaw/bug in OBIEE and hopefully will be fixed on in newer releases.

You can try adding filters which by default fail so the query execution at first takes least amount of ttime.
    e.g. country= 'some-non-existing-country'

Answers

• David_T
    David_T Member Posts: 2,432
    Yes. In order to determine whether the report should display or not, the report must be run. When a report returns no records, Guid. nav., when set up to not display when 0 records are returned, will not display the report itself. Without Guid. Nav. all three reports would display with two of them saying "No Results."
  • user634293
    user634293 Member Posts: 331
    Hi David,

Thanks you for reponse , let me ask the question in another way , assume we have a guided navigation section and the section has 3 requests.
    according to the "Reference Source Request " the section would not be displayed . My question is : Does BIEE run the query for The 3 requests in the section that will not be displayed ?

thx
  • David_T
    David_T Member Posts: 2,432
    Yes, the reports will run. If the "source request" report returns no rows, then nothing will display in the Dashboard. I ran a test and viewed the results in "manage sessions." I verify what you have been seeing. Hope that helps.
    David_T
    577516 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited Jul 24, 2009 2:30PM Answer ✓
    This is flaw/bug in OBIEE and hopefully will be fixed on in newer releases.

You can try adding filters which by default fail so the query execution at first takes least amount of ttime.
    e.g. country= 'some-non-existing-country'
This discussion has been closed.