• 3,781,628 Users
  • 2,254,532 Discussions
  • 7,879,769 Comments

Discussions

PortalVisitorManager cannot be resolved

712039 Member Posts: 5
edited Jul 30, 2009 2:33AM in WebLogic Portal
Hi,
I upgraded my application from wlp 8.1.5 to wlp 10.2. In my application(8.1.5) i added the customized visitor tools. Now after upgrading it is showing the compilatation error message i.e. "The imports ***** cannot be resolved".

The imports are as follows :
com.bea.jsptools.portal.PortalVisitorManager
com.bea.jsptools.portal.placement.PortletPlacement
com.bea.jsptools.portal.placement.PagePlacement

As far i read on net these Interfaces are eliminated in 10.2. I am unable to find replacement for these Interfaces?
Unfortunately, however, I find no documentation on its replacement. Does anyone know of how this should be done, or a document describing replacement of this Interface?

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: user8632228 on Jul 27, 2009 10:31 PM

Best Answer

• stefans - moderator - oracle
    stefans - moderator - oracle Member Posts: 15
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,

replacements for these classes may be found in the package com.bea.portal.tools.portal.controls, which is JavaDoc'ed here:

http://edocs.bea.com/wlp/docs102/javadoc/com/bea/portal/tools/portal/controls/package-summary.html

There are classes such as BookDefinitionId that implements NavigableDefinitionId and PlaceableDefinitionId and other classes that you can use for the same sorts of operations as the earlier visitor tools APIs.

Cheers, Stefan

Answers

• stefans - moderator - oracle
    stefans - moderator - oracle Member Posts: 15
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,

replacements for these classes may be found in the package com.bea.portal.tools.portal.controls, which is JavaDoc'ed here:

http://edocs.bea.com/wlp/docs102/javadoc/com/bea/portal/tools/portal/controls/package-summary.html

There are classes such as BookDefinitionId that implements NavigableDefinitionId and PlaceableDefinitionId and other classes that you can use for the same sorts of operations as the earlier visitor tools APIs.

Cheers, Stefan
    712039 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Stefan. It works fine now. Thanks A lot.
This discussion has been closed.