Forum Stats

• 3,817,447 Users
  • 2,259,334 Discussions
  • 7,893,776 Comments

Discussions

Setting Up user Preferences

Hi Can some one please tell me how to set up particular user preferences for their dashboards.. and also how to remove preferences. if there are any.

Thanks in advance...
Tagged:

Answers

• Stijn Gabriels
    Stijn Gabriels Member Posts: 1,032
    What kind of user preferences do you mean? Can you be a bit more specific?
    707223 Member Posts: 8
    Lets say only only for one user we have show data from particular period(lets say last 30 days) and for other user its diferent period of time(lets say since last 10 days).
  • Stijn Gabriels
    When you have a dashboard prompt with a date prompt attached to your dashboard, it is possible for the users to save the selection as their standard selection.

Regards,
    Stijn
    707223 Member Posts: 8
    when ever a user login. As i am defaulting other user to last 10 days. i want to default this user to last 30 days.. Is there a way that i can do that. or ask user to select date directly...
  • Stijn Gabriels
    The easiest way is to add a date prompt to your dashboard off course.
    But if you want to have strict filters, like the last 10 days or the last 30 days, you should start with creating repository variables, which calculates these days.
    Then, if you want to have a dashboard prompt with two options: last 10 days, or last 30 days, you need to do some more hand work. I think you then need to create something like described in this article: http://obiee101.blogspot.com/2009/04/obiee-dynamic-prompt-content.html.
    But for some reason I think you're new to OBIEE and then this might be a bit to complex.

Regards,
    Stijn
  • Hi,

If your looking to control the data depending on the type of user, then the best approach is to create a session initialization block and create the sessions variable assign the value to that variable depending on the user and use this session variable to restrict the data at business layer level
This discussion has been closed.