• 3,875,356 Users
  • 2,266,907 Discussions
  • 7,912,175 Comments

Discussions

Installing OBIEE & OBIA in Linux

Answers

716953 Member Posts: 57
    Thanks Shyam

IF we are running the ETL for Oracle EBS Vision database, do we have to create our own container , or can we use the prebuilt container ORACLE_R12

Thanks again
    66787 Member Posts: 484
    Pre built R12 if Vision instance is R12.
    Thanks
    Yes, our Vision is R12.

Few more questions.

1. We are about to run full load of ETL. In case it fails for any reason, can we re run a full load. If some of the data is not loaded, can we run it just for that data or do we have to do a full run.

2. Initilly we are planning to run full load for Project Analytics and then run Financial Analytics. Is it possible to run them seperate at different time.

3. Our dashboad currently shows sample data ( 1.Overview,2.Rankers&Toppers,3.History&Benching,4.Tiering&Distribution). Once we load Project Analytics, would this change or do we have to do any post load steps.

Thanks in Advance
    1. We are about to run full load of ETL. In case it fails for any reason, can we re run a full load. If some of the data is not loaded, can we run it just for that data or do we have to do a full run.

[you can run it from that point or use do a master reset and reload the full run, depends on how long it takes for full run in your case]

2. Initilly we are planning to run full load for Project Analytics and then run Financial Analytics. Is it possible to run them seperate at different time.

[you can create two ETL executions plans, though I suggest doing it in one Execution plan, you can run Projects subject area first, then ready for Fin, create a new execution plan with both, and then run it, full for first time and daily incrementals]

3. Our dashboad currently shows sample data ( 1.Overview,2.Rankers&Toppers,3.History&Benching,4.Tiering&Distribution). Once we load Project Analytics, would this change or do we have to do any post load steps.

[not sure where is the sample data coming from, is it from Vision instance, where will you point for Project analytics load?]
    Shayam, thanks for all your replies

The sample data came when we installed it. It was just the menu, dont know if there was any data in it. We just executed the full load of Project Analytics and it is pointing to the R12 Vision database. Its been running to half an hour. MY question was - after this ETL load is complete, how do we access Proj Analytics. Would the menu appear by itself, or do we have to do any steps.

Also another question. While the ETL was running , I accidentaly closed the PowerCenter Workflow Manager client that was running in hte windows. This should not affect the ETC load right ? Also I am not able to change tabs in DAC admin console. Looks like the system is real busy. Hope it did not kill the server.

Thanks
    The menu items are from the Presentation catalog that are installed while installing OBIA. Once you successfully load the data via ETL, and rpd is configured properly to point to the DW, then you will be able to look at dashboards/reports.

If you informatica server is on same box as DAC server/DAC client then you cannot kill it in the middle of ETL run. ETL can easily take 1hr+ depending upon data and DB performance.

You can close the workflow client, with no issues.
    Shyam , thanks

Our Informatica , DAC server are in the same box ( Linux). Only the things that cannot be installed in Linux ( DAC console, POwerCenter Workflow Manager) are in windows.

We just ran into another problem. Since all the servers were in one box and there was ver less swap space, the server was almost hanging. And our DBA restarted teh server whithout knowing we were running the processes.

No i dont know where to strat from. Can i do the whole things again. You said I can do the master reset. How do i do that.

Thanks alot
    When i try to reset using ETL Management > Reset Data Sources , it said "There are incomplete ETLs, can't reset Data Sources!". I guess i have to start from where it left. Is that correct.

Thanks
    I just reran it since I could not reset. Out of 302 tasks , 214 failed and only 82 were succesful. How do i find details for the 214 failed ones and fix them.

Thanks
    you need to right click and mark the job complete (even though) it did not complete,
    then reset etl data sources and re-run full load
This discussion has been closed.