• 2,263,994 Discussions
  • 7,904,770 Comments

Discussions

New to UCM and evalutating the migration from documentum webtop

user8657944
user8657944 Member Posts: 15
edited Oct 5, 2009 1:34AM in WebCenter Content
Hi All

I am new to UCM, and just have installed the UCM and started testing the OTB.

I have few queries.

1) How do we customize as a separate application just as in documentum?

We have to create an application where there would be lot of customizations and deploy it as a separate application and leave the out of the box UCM as is.

2) Where I can find that API (java) to connect to content server just as DFC in documentum and its name and location?

3) These are the basic things that we are looking for

Rendition (conversion of doc, ppt to PDF)
Publishing contents to other webserver (where do we configure that in the content server)

Any advise would be highly appreciated

Chandra
Tagged:

Answers

725678 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I am also searching for the same process, migration of EMC documentum to Oracle UCM.

Does anyone has any idea of how to proceed. Any steps, material is greatly appreciated.

If you got any links or any material on it...please do post...

Your help is appreciated.
  • Hello EveryOne,
    Though i could not make much out of the questions but have tried my best to answer.

1) How do we customize as a separate application just as in documentum?
    We have to create an application where there would be lot of customizations and deploy it as a separate application and leave the out of the box UCM as is.

You need to throw some light on this one

2) Where I can find that API (java) to connect to content server just as DFC in documentum and its name and location?

There are many options here you can use CIS(Content Integration Suite), RIDC(remote Intradoc Connectivity)

Rendition (conversion of doc, ppt to PDF) : Look into Inbound Refinary
    Publishing contents to other webserver (where do we configure that in the content server): There are various utilities to do that, choosing one will depend upon type of content. If you want to publish a SiteStudio based web site you need to use SiteStudio Publisher.
    If its just contents that you want to export you need to use Archiver.
This discussion has been closed.