Forum Stats

• 3,851,486 Users
  • 2,263,987 Discussions
  • 7,904,736 Comments

Discussions

How to integrate Siebel with OBIEE ?

Hi,

I need a favor from you guys. Kindly let me know the procedure to integrate Siebel with OBIEE.

According to our requirement we have to integrate Siebel 8.0 version with OBIEE 10.1.3.4 version. Kindly provide me the necessary steps/inputs so that i can integrate Siebel with OBIEE.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Samdev
Tagged:

Answers

• Kranthi.K
    Kranthi.K Member Posts: 1,586
    Hi samdev,

To integrate siebel on Obiee,have you installed OBIEE onto your system if so you need to establish a connection pool to integrate siebel over obiee i.e to access siebel through obiee.

Assuming your using oracle database and siebel is running on it ,you need to create a connection pool using the OCI or ODBC connections to set it up.Then you will be able to access the schemas with all its tables.

Hope it helped you.

By,
    Kranthi.
    Kranthi.K
  • Stijn Gabriels
    Stijn Gabriels Member Posts: 1,032
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13697_01/doc/bia.795/e13765/anyinstadmnappintegrate.htm#i1043309

Regards,
    Stijn
    720272 Member Posts: 16
    edited Sep 1, 2009 10:19AM
    Hi Kranthi and Stijn,

Thanks a lot for your valuable help.

Regards,
    Samdev.

Edited by: user11848927 on Sep 1, 2009 7:19 AM
    719036 Member Posts: 4
    the link you provided is for OBIA not OBIEE - is not it? I have similar requirement to integrate OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1 with Siebel CRM 8.1.1.
    I need to use the security that has already been implemented in CRM to be used in OBIEE. I have created reports from CRM OLTP.

Can you prodive some information/docs/link for this purpose please?

Thanks in advance,
    Surath
  • Christian Berg-0racle
    Christian Berg-0racle Everything Analytics And Data Member Posts: 9,671 Gold Crown
    Siebel interacts with OBIEE, not OBIA (with regards to the architecture). Check out this link: [http://siebel-essentials.blogspot.com/2009/06/can-you-describe-oracle-bi-applications.html]

And from the Oracle website:
    Oracle BI Applications are built on the Oracle BI Suite Enterprise Edition, a comprehensive, innovative, and leading BI platform. This enables organizations to realize the value of a packaged BI >Application, such as rapid deployment, lower TCO, and built-in best practices, while also being able to very easily extend those solutions to meet their specific needs, or build completely >custom BI applications, all on one common BI architecture.
    Cheers,
    C.
    719036 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Christian,

Thanks for your reply. But we are NOT using OBIA meaning we are NOT having the informatica and pre build ware house which maps to CRM OLTP.

With this said, do you still say the CRM interacts with OBIEE ?
    I was going through the docs as mentioned in the link. It says about some tables which are not present in OBIEE or CRM. I think these are the pre-build warehouse tables comes with OBIA.

Will you please confirm?

Also, will you please suggest how can I integrate CRM with OBIEE so that based on the ‘Positions’ and ‘Responsibility’ already created in CRM, the security/access control can be implemented in OBIEE.

Thanks,
    Surath
    720272 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

Kindly share us any useful PPTs or links that has the detailed Step By Step procedure to integrate OBIEE 10.1.3.4.0 with Siebel 8.0.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Samdev
  • Stijn Gabriels
    Stijn Gabriels Member Posts: 1,032
    I'm not sure if you can integrate Siebel with OBIEE when you don't have OBIA. I think you need to activate some OBIA related license keys in Siebel in order to use the Siebel screens, which integrate OBIEE with Siebel.

But you can still use the Siebel Responsibilities to authorize users in OBIEE. You need to create a responsibility for each repository group or web group. Then you need to assign a user to a responsibility. In the OBIEE repository you need to create an init block which queries the S_RESP table from Siebel.

Regards,
    Stijn
    Stijn Gabriels
  • Christian Berg-0racle
    Christian Berg-0racle Everything Analytics And Data Member Posts: 9,671 Gold Crown
    Hi all,

@Stijn: With regards to OBIA-specific screens I definitely agree with you. Not so sure about the basic integration though. The Integration Administration screens are normally available.
    Key item to have is the ROW_ID (or "INTEGRATION_ID" if you're talking OBIA context) in order for the integration to work...i.e. be able to jump from OBIEE to Siebel.

The responsibilities are the other issue. Your approach is 100% sound and I'd keep that one in mind (@user8681498). I have never tested Siebel integrated OBIEE without OBIA where the security is concerned so I somehow doubt that the hand-over of usernames and the attached responsibilities for transformation into web groups works immediately.

@user8681498: For the tables missing from the Siebel schema, those are mostly OBIA related tables - i.e. for data loading purposes rather than for authorization or integration mechanisms.

Cheers,
    C.
This discussion has been closed.