Forum Stats

• 3,734,331 Users
  • 2,246,950 Discussions
  • 7,857,228 Comments

Discussions

OPA at Oracle OpenWorld 2009 in San Francisco

There are numerous OPA related sessions at Oracle OpenWorld this year. Here are some of the highlights that you may wish to attend, either in person or virtually.

Improving Tax Administration with Policy Automation Taxation Management
Date and Time: Tuesday, October 13, 17:30-18:30, Moscone West L3, Room 3001
Speakers: Randy Covert, Vice President Tax Strategy & Technology & Peter Still, Senior Director, Global Solution Consulting
Abstract: Government tax and revenue authorities are constantly challenged to adapt their processing systems in reaction to changes in their legislative environments. The authoring, management and execution of business rules offers some unique opportunities to these authorities in terms of adapting rule-driven applications to these constant changes. This session will focus on key areas of integration between Oracle Policy Automation and Oracle Enterprise Taxation Management. The integrations provide insights into how flexible, rules-based application systems and services can benefit public sector organizations dealing with tax policy and administration.

Ensuring Consistent Service Delivery and Improving Client Outcomes in Social Services Departments
Date and Time: Tuesday, October 13, 14:30-15:30, Westin Market Street Hotel, Metropolitan I
Speakers: Calvin Tu
Come and hear first hand from leading government agencies how Oracle solutions are helping them to achieve consistent service delivery and better outcomes with lower overall cost of ownership.

Enterprise Case Management in a Program Centric World
Date and Time: Wednesday, October 14, 10:15-11:15, Westin Market Street Hotel, Metropolitan I
Speakers: Amy Santenello, Calvin Tu
Governments are being asked to increasingly coordinate services for constituents and collaborate on case files, while also, needing to deliver on the unique requirements of their agencies. Is it possible to automate policies and deploy a single case management solution across an entire enterprise? Oracle will discuss strategies for successful policy modeling & automation as part of enterprise case management solution and provide an update on future enhancements to the Siebel Public Sector Case Management

Natural Language Policy Automation: Empower Business Users to Manage Policy Complexity
Date and Time: Thursday, October 15, 9:00-10:00, Westin Market Street Hotel, Metropolitan I
Speakers: Davin Fifield
Empower business users to develop and manage rules directly from legislative and policy documents. Come and see how legislation and policy documents are rapidly transformed into unambiguous natural language business rules, driving organizational agility and reliability in the face of ever-changing requirements

Integrate Oracle Policy Automation with Siebel in Less than 30 Minutes
Date and Time: Thursday, October 15, 1500-1600, Westin Market Street Hotel, Metropolitan I
Speakers: Philip Whitwell
In this technical session, see Oracle Policy Automation and Siebel CRM in action, learn about best practices for configuring the connectivity between them, and for deploying Oracle Policy Automation into an SOA environment.

We also have many of the OPA team in attendance. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to arrange to meet them.

Anthony Bettanin | Director, Global Partner Enablement, Oracle Policy Automation | Oracle Worldwide Alliances & Channels
Office: +61 3 8616 3683 | Mobile: +61 434 832 564 | US Mobile: +1 310 686 4978
Level 5, 417 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.